One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
retired firefighter
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys this is a picture from the Osprey book Army Rangers its a Ranger in early 80s circuit titled BCT-building clearance team, im wondering has there ever been a vest produced like that in 1/6th scale? or something close to it?

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
AFAIK, no.

This is an approximate/close version.

21st Century Loose Modern items

21STCT produced four versions of this vest.

Two versions of green with nuances in darkness/lightness. The vest came with the Modern Special Forces CQB carded uniform set that somewhat approximates the appearance of the operator in the picture.

The desert tan version (pictured).

A black version that came with a couple of sets.

·
Retired OSW Staff
478 Posts
Individual Integrated Fighting System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mark,
My guess is the vest ( if you are talking about the guy holding the MP5) is a IIFS, but based on the photo, it's hard to distinguish the LBV straps against his BDUs.
If you wanted a cloth version, my guess you could take old DML Brian, and his enhanced LBV, and rework the pouches to shift more vertically.

Ultimate Soldier did release a 75th Ranger boxed set semi-based on that photo there, same NVGs, MP5 set up, etc. if you need other components

US 75th Ranger Recon

Good luck

·
Wild Bunch Customs
807 Posts
It's actually a South African Niemoller vest, most likely a copy of it since actual SA ones would've been hard to come by at that time period.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,779 Posts
Individual Integrated Fighting System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mark,
My guess is the vest ( if you are talking about the guy holding the MP5) is a IIFS, but based on the photo, it's hard to distinguish the LBV straps against his BDUs.
If you wanted a cloth version, my guess you could take old DML Brian, and his enhanced LBV, and rework the pouches to shift more vertically.

Ultimate Soldier did release a 75th Ranger boxed set semi-based on that photo there, same NVGs, MP5 set up, etc. if you need other components

US 75th Ranger Recon

Good luck
i think PowerTeam made the IIFS for one of it's seal team six guys.... but it was rubber!

·
retired firefighter
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was thinkin about using Dragon figure Codys vest, his pouches can be removed, would have to replace them, any ideas what pouches I could use?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts