One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See subject.

VH has it's fair share of detractors & supporters, but their quality has improved dependent on the set.

Generally speaking, 2013 was a notable year IMHO based on the diversity of their offerings.

Given the selection of sets they produced over the years, which set or sets in particular do you believe set the pace/stage in terms of quality improving noticeably?

Below is a link to their site's products page listing all the boxed uniform sets over the past few years. I believe most maybe familiar with them and some may not.

http://veryhot.com.cn/e_products/

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
I'd say that the quality *started* improving with those FBI and PMC releases. They were fairly original and had some interesting gear. Another landmark was their Army 249 gunner, which was the first multicam grunt out there (predating Soldier Story and Crazy Dummy's efforts). They might not have the best products (or the most original), but they've come a long ways from where they once were and have become - dare I say it - respectable.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I don't think there was any "one release" where it all changed....I think you can look at their releases (3-6 per year, I think, not including all the re-issuing of old sets they do) and say "And here is when they started using better velcro", or "And here is when they swapped out the old over-sized M4 with the ACOG sight on top for a more normal looking one", etc, etc.

I mean Very Hot still ships bright silver plastic magazines sometimes.....so that's clearly an epic fail in the 2010+ era that we are in now.....but some of their other stuff is quite well done.

Very Hot sets remain overpriced when you bump them up for what you can get from Soldier Story (or other non-HT brands) if you spend "Just $30 to $50 more", I mean if you buy a Very Hot set....and you add ANY figure that costs more than $20 bucks, and you're basically into Soldier Story territory at that point.....

Very Hot should lower their prices to the $60 range instead of the $80 range.....pair that up with some quality affordable figures (Is Very Hot still releasing their own version of the BBI G3 body??).......and you could see an entry point into this hobby that rapidly evaporated years ago.

You could get into this hobby when Dragon and BBI figures were $45 or $65........but when the cheapest you can get is $130+....

My .02 cents anyhow.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
let me disclose some information about the Very Hot. The boss of Very hot had run a family owned clothing factory in a beautiful small town. When he became a fan of 1/6 action figure, he told me that he would make 1/6 action figure during his life time.

His plant is not located in the majority Chinese toy manufacturers hometown----Guangdong Province,and almost all his accessories are made by his own factory.
A few years ago Chinese industries were in a very bad economic circumstance, but he still spent a lot of money to buy new injection and molding machine to improve his production.

He may not be a shrewd and successful businessman, but he is a true enthusiast. His business has a lot of problems, but he is always willing to improve his product.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
1025 and 1026 were the two releases where VH started improving the weapons and overall gear.

·
12,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He may not be a shrewd and successful businessman, but he is a true enthusiast. His business has a lot of problems, but he is always willing to improve his product.
--

:bravo

·
12,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have u tried buying a soldier story box set just to see how their quality are? Or are u so pissed off with what happened between triad toys and soldier story to not even try finding out?
--

Honestly speaking, I know how to hold a grudge; however, the odd part is that I don't care for Triad Toys either. I know. Very odd & weird to say the least.

It's not just that though. I purchased those original S1 female bodies from Soldier Story and they were <CENSORED> in quality.

I originally didn't hold VH in high regards either with their early offerings other than copying HT military offerings with obvious recasts, but they started to develop their own identity and came with some their own offerings and evolved to what they are nowadays.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
--

Honestly speaking, I know how to hold a grudge; however, the odd part is that I don't care for Triad Toys either. I know. Very odd & weird to say the least.

It's not just that though. I purchased those original S1 female bodies from Soldier Story and they were <CENSORED> in quality.

I originally didn't hold VH in high regards either with their early offerings other than copying HT military offerings with obvious recasts, but they started to develop their own identity and came with some their own offerings and evolved to what they are nowadays.
I am just hoping VHT improve on their items and one day be confident enough to buy a box set from them.

·
12,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am just hoping VHT improve on their items and one day be confident enough to buy a box set from them.
--

tang:

I recently purchased the CQB 3.0 and US ARMY EOD set during a Christmas sale @ Cotswold.

IMHO, both sets based on my evaluation (thus far) are worthwhile and to me worth what I paid. Granted, I have a few nitpicks (as with any 1:6 item regardless of which company); however, I'm pleased overall with them. Nothing absolutely damning (so far).

I think you should give the CQB 3.0 set a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts