One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: BODY & HEAD SCULPT NOT INCLUDED

The MSRP is approximately $90.00 USD.

The release date is approximately 2ND QTR 2017 (i.e. April - June).

--

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Awe shucks man! I thought I'd see a different style flight helmet but oh well!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awe shucks man! I thought I'd see a different style flight helmet but oh well!
--

I thought of you (and your disappointment about the helmet) when I first saw the new pictures.

I believe the set overall is still worthwhile for those collect 1:6 aviator figures.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Doesn't the helmet look too big? Maybe is just four millimeters wider but scaling up it may results in a wrong size. Anyway that's just my impression...

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Aside from the insignia and hs is there any difference in kit between this and their previous Ace and Black Knight releases? Cheers!

·
Head in the clouds...
1,457 Posts
Cool to see a complete figure for under a hundred bucks, now-a-days. Aviation themed to boot.

Would love to see these smaller companies branch out into historical space suits. A Navy Mark IV "Mercury astronaut" suit is long overdue, for example. So is a more modern EMU suit.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Doesn't the helmet look too big? Maybe is just four millimeters wider but scaling up it may results in a wrong size. Anyway that's just my impression...
Yes the HGU-68/P is the wrong size, that's because VHT have decided to reuse Hot Toys original helmet mold from their F/A-18 aviator released
a few years ago. VeryHot should've just borrowed Dragon's aviator helmet as it is the right size and a much better look about it. Oh by the way, VHT
uses the old style MBU-14/P oxygen mask...should've included the MBU-20/P "Combat Edge" style O2 mask as well.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Aside from the insignia and hs is there any difference in kit between this and their previous Ace and Black Knight releases? Cheers!
1) Black Knight aviator series uses the 1980's pilot survival gear version torso harness and life (or waist vest) flotation unit seen on this image.

2) The survival vest and it's components for this VF-101 "Grim Reapers" pilot is the current version issued to all navy pilots.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Would love to see these smaller companies branch out into historical space suits. A Navy Mark IV "Mercury astronaut" suit is long overdue, for example. So is a more modern EMU suit.
Wouldn't that be nice?... But it ain't nevah gonna happen anytime soon though!

·
Head in the clouds...
1,457 Posts
I just found out that the set does NOT include the body or head sculpt. So it's really not a "complete" figure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts