One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
The Secret Service set looks decent/OK thus far.

The CIA set appears to be a rehash/slight update of a previous HOT TOYS offering from some years ago IMHO.

I believe the Secret Service set would do better & probably receive a better reception if it was released earlier this year when the films OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN and WHITE HOUSE DOWN came out.

HT’s SECRET SERVICE boxed figure set from a few years ago IMHO is still the best, but VH’s offering appears to be a decent offering for those who missed HT’s version at a lower price point.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
Looks like the SS CIA SOG exclusive from few years ago...

Looks like they did a pretty decent job replicating the coat, shirt, vest, and hat. I'm still too wary of VHT plastic items (rifles, pistols, etc.) though.
--

My bad.

It was the SS set?

Interesting. I thought HT made a similar offering some years ago as a boxed figure when they were still making 1:6 military figures because they became a license ..... company.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I will be getting that 416.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Another goddamn US SF figure... I want non-US grunts!

That said, that CIA figure makes an excellent start for a taliban clan chief. Remove some of the high-tech, give him an AK-47 and it's done.

·
WHAT?!! No cupcakes?!
526 Posts
Both has been stated already above:

The irony of Che as a CIA operative is too much for me!

The powerful laser target designator in use by a Secret Service agent :clap
Reaper strikes on the hideouts of currency counterfeiters and identity thieves!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I'll be interested to see some feedback when members get these, they do look pretty good.

·
1/6 Procrastinator
913 Posts
Does anybody have any of their HK416's? Are they as good as they look?
Their rifles are excellent for the price they go for (they're about as durable as DML M4s) and they accept pretty much any company'a attachments. Have some CA ready just in case though; the 416 I bought from Monkey Depot had the pistol grip fall off in transit (the VHT M4A1 I bought in the same order was fine though). In addition, since so many people have a stigma against VHT kit, it's still in relative abundance on Cotswold and Monkey Depot

All in all, cool sets. The P90 is cool, though some of the kit is kinda meh. The CIA operator will probably be a buy for me

It seems that VHT is like the Taurus of the 1/6 world in how their products are good now but plagued by a previously tarnished name

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.