One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VERYCOOL - 1:6 Scale MX Series Male Body (2 Types of Kit Bashing Body)

Assisted by Fengshen Toys, VERYCOOL is pleased to introduce its MX01 Male Body Series as the Kit-Bashing Male Bodies for hobbyists to play with for more funs!

ITEM No: MX01

MX01-A: Male Body (Kit Bashing)
Regular Body Type

MX01-B: Battle Damaged/Zombie Male Body (Kit Bashing)
Regular Body Type

Note:
Shape and position of scars on MX01-B Male body can be customized redesigned with mass production orders from other market players and wholesalers.

Deadline of First Round of Pre-order Period: 15 February, 2014
In Stocks: 1 March, 2014

.......................................................................................................................................................

VERYCOOL - 1:6比例MX系列男性素体(2款自组素体)

Fengshen Toy协助,VERYCOOL荣誉向广大玩家推出其MX01系列男性自组素体,各种兵人题材的自组其乐无穷!

产品编号:MX01

MX01-A: 男性素体(自组)
正常体型

MX01-B: 战损/僵尸男性素体(自组)
正常体型

备注:
MX01-B素体上的伤疤形态和位置可以接受同行及批发商的客制化定制量产。

首轮预定截止日期: 2014年2月15日
到货时间:2014年3月1日

..............................................................................................................................................

##########################################################

·
Hi, I'm an addict!
3,470 Posts
Not bad. I like the base body. Personally, I would have liked a little more biceps, and I'm not crazy about the ankle joint, but that's being picky. I have no need for a zombie body, but I could see myself getting a couple of the regular bodies depending on the price. I'd love to see a body at a $20 price point. (Will never happen, I know)

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,917 Posts
The body looks interesting; however, VC is limiting themselves with the entire neck design again where it can only utilize HT ball joint compatible heads instead of head sculpts with an integrated neck.

VC should opted for a similar design like this for the neck where a neck adapter to accommodate DML type head sculpts and a ball joint adapter to accommodate HT compatible head sculpts.

The joint system is not using a metal screw like the HT and clone bodies we have. Either they perfected the design/functionality by going all plastic, but I have a suspicion the tightness of the joints may be an issue, but that remains to be seen.

The zombie customization aspect is interesting, but I think further & refined concentration & focus on the body would have been better served than a zombie gimmick ploy.

Quite frankly, I am not too impressed and I'll wait and see when the body is released.

VC seems to be focused on making an impression/presentation than coming without a seriously thought out and not necessarily addressing common functionality & aesthetics that collectors/customers appreciated from previous offerings from other companies and I feel some may be too entranced with a new offering to realize the limitations in the end.

It's as if they're taking a page from the old Triad Toys playbook.

:doh

·
AKA Silent G
637 Posts
The body looks interesting; however, VC is limiting themselves with the entire neck design again where it can only utilize HT ball joint compatible heads instead of head sculpts with an integrated neck. VC should opted for a similar design like this for the neck where a neck adapter to accommodate DML type head sculpts and a ball joint adapter to accommodate HT compatible head sculpts.
I somewhat agree with this. There are still many heads on the market that have integrated necks. However this isn't a huge bother for me as aesthetically this style of neck is nicer.

The joint system is not using a metal screw like the HT and clone bodies we have. Either they perfected the design/functionality by going all plastic, but I have a suspicion the tightness of the joints may be an issue, but that remains to be seen.
I can see screws and hex bolts on the knees. The covers on the elbow joints... ok... those might be screws under covers or a plug of some sort. We shall have to see.

VC seems to be focused on making an impression/presentation than coming without a seriously thought out and not necessarily addressing common functionality & aesthetics that collectors/customers appreciated from previous offerings from other companies and I feel some may be too entranced with a new offering to realize the limitations in the end.

I'm not seeing this the same way you are. I think they have done a great job here. Finally another glamour neck body that isn't a jacked roid raging hulk. I think this has great aesthetics in the shoulders. I'm not seeing anything here as a step backwards. You may say it isn't any major advancement... but it isn't going back any. Sure, you may call the zombie detailing a "gimmick" but it is a good one IMHO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The body looks interesting; however, VC is limiting themselves with the entire neck design again where it can only utilize HT ball joint compatible heads instead of head sculpts with an integrated neck.

VC should opted for a similar design like this for the neck where a neck adapter to accommodate DML type head sculpts and a ball joint adapter to accommodate HT compatible head sculpts.

The zombie customization aspect is interesting, but I think further & refined concentration & focus on the body would have been better served than a zombie gimmick ploy.

Quite frankly, I am not too impressed and I'll wait and see when the body is released.

MX02 Male Body Series will be releasing VERY SOON, and what you addressed here were considered.

Just be patient and wait for a couple of days......

:welcome

·
The Unspeakable
564 Posts
I think we 1/6th types are very niche oriented - I know that I like this type of body with the non-articulated neck base for the no-neck portraits - and I love the zombie/battle damaged versions, too. I'm in for several - thanks, VC - keep it up.

I'm glad that the manufacturers are watching the boards - I think the innovation and the diversity of products benefits us all. I know it makes me happy.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
since his upper torso is so ripped, it is kinda strange to have his shoulder muscle just a round without more detailing, a little sculpting there to show a proper deltoids would be nice and also to make it look busier there to hide the upper arm rotator, so it blends more .

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Sadly I will have to pass...even with a 20.00 price range not to crazy about these. I think they should have been more muscular. Very Cool how about a muscular version of this body? I think you will see there is a large market for the more muscular bodies.

·
Registered
481 Posts
it looks like it should have good posability but why no examples of that in these pics, the one where hes on his knee with the shotgun looks.. awful. that is not the extent of the flexibility is it?

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,392 Posts
Interesting and different..shall give it a chance and get one of the Zombie bods to try out.
Thanks for that Fido when will it be out in HK ?

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I like it. Finally a body which takes away those horrible Hot toys ankles.
Yes, but, they've also taken away height, I can't see this being much taller than an Enterbay RM-5.

Much as the barbell ankles were a pain, they did add some height.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'd like more bodies with 'real/lifelike' textured thights and forearms... like the ones HT made for Tony 'Stark and The joker....

G

·
The hot toys style ankles are a total nuisance if, like me, you have traditional seafaring figures, most of mine of which wear low shoes and not boots to hide the nasty joint.

Admittedly, this doesn't seem as good a joint as, say, the Triad alpha joints, but it looks better

1 - 20 of 47 Posts