One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
recon i'll get this but there seems to be a patten to VHT figures. This figure looks like the black CQB guy but in desert tan/camo.
Also from the looks of the box art he's got molded BBi Auscam Barney style shoes and not them sexy cloth ones with the USAF last issue.

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Looks like a remake of old Hot Toys Navspecwargear Navy Seal, differences are rather small. Might be a good chance for people who were looking for original HT figure to grab this set at more then half of the price (or even more) - though to be honest, I'm glad I already have original HT set; as always VH copy looks to be lower in quality then original HT...

Alexei

·
On the Highway of Life
1,933 Posts
Good point Alexi,
I did just miss the HT version back in 2004. I really thought that the forearm shot gun shell holder was and still is very cool. But I am still hesitant on the quality of VHT. So this will be my first run in with VHT.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
STRIKE ammo pouches might be workable,but those boots look horrible.

·
buyer of all cool stuff..
281 Posts
I agree with lawman1380...at first look it appears to be VHT's
rendition of BBi's Trident.

I will wait for reviews of parts before i purchase.
Always good to hear about upcoming releases, however.

Thanks, :thumb
SoF

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Hot Toys Navspecwargear Navy Seal = BBI Trident. If I'm not mistaken, they both are based on the same picture...

Gloves are moulded, at least on the pictures. But Very Hot sets do not come with nude figures, so maybe they are not part of the set in a first place...

Alexei

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
The molded gloves are included in the set fitting BBi G3 - 3.5 bodies. And that also meant that it will fit DML bods.
Looking at the pictures, it looks like a very good part fodder for your kitbashes. I always buy VHT figures with the mindset that they are for my part's bin. With some tweaking of the parts - where necessary - it can look pretty top grade.
However, I am not taking away its credibility as a full kit also :)

And I was allowed to announce that VHT next figure is the ACU and it will come with cloth oakley boots again. And as I was told, it is the same color as the one with their PJ but they have tweaked the pattern a little and claim it will be : quote "much superior then the earlier ones" unquote. That is all I knew there is at this point of time :p
Well, don't hold your breath.... yet :p

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I can't get over those boots.....It's like a canker sore you just can't stop touching with your tongue!!!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts