One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve (MAA) kindly arranged for us to go over to see some 1/6th armour today.

The "Verio" range is produced by Victor Ma, a real scale vehicle enthusiast. Victor's real job is selling and maintaining high-performance 4WD vehicles. This is also a passion with him, as he's competed in the Paris-Dakar rally. Anyway, he knows what quality engineering is all about.

All the Verio models are metal, and they weigh a LOT! They seem to be high quality, and come complete with tools, hawsers, detailed and working hatches, gear-box, motor and so on. The are also painted. One of these Tigers has actually towed a 1:1 Humvee. The Verio website is: www.tankmodel.com

We got to see the 1/6th scale King Tiger which they are currently working on. As you can imagine, it's huge, but I couldn't take any pics of it. I could take some pics of one of the Tigers which they were checking out:

Turret (with flash)

Turret (natural light)

MAA and Tiger hull

ActionMan and Tiger hull

His workshop in Sha Tin here in Hong Kong is amazing. Alongside an H1 Hummer, a1924 Vauxhall, a 1930's Mercedes 140 and various other exotic items were these:

Yes - this is an original 1:1 Schwimwagon completely renovated and restored by Victor.

You can see the rest of his collection here: http://www.4wdco.com/collection.asp

Thanks for Steve for arranging the visit, and to Victor Ma for showing us around. :thumb

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An update with some pics courtesy of Victor, Verio's owner. Two Verio Tigers being worked on. The KT is being readied for a towing test after being fitted with new parts due to arrive. The gray coloured wooden crates are used to ship tanks.

KT #13 lower hull with motor and tracks install emerges ..

Steve and I have been invited to go to the workshop on Monday to see a towing test, so I'm taking my video camera.

Victor confirms that the vehicle to be towed will be his 1:1 WWII WC57 Dodge command car weighing in at 5900 lbs instead of his H1 (un-available at this time). At first, he was going to replace the H1 with his 1:1 VW82. Steve suggested the silver Lamborghini LM002 we saw in his 4WD showroom as that it would be about the same size as the H1, but he decided he would use the Dodge instead. Should be interesting!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts