One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Soldier
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking through the forums for tips and techniques on customizing/painting humvees and atv's. There's been alot of great threads on adding mirrors etc. onto the vehicle but I haven't found anything on the weathering and painting. I was wondering if anyone has seen anything that could help me out. I'm new and I want to do an Afghanistan ATV bash but the detail I've seen on these vehicles is amazing and I just wanted a good start at it so I don't completely embarass myself :)

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
I use KRYLON FUSION ...it is specially made for all types of PLASTIC. the directions are on the can, but with FUSION you can skip the primer part.
I ALWAYS wash my parts to be painted in warm soapy water.....
After they dry, I spray them with a coat of KRYLON CAMO PAINT with FUSION TECHNOLOGY.....The closest they come to desert sand is KHAKI and it's a bit too dark. So, after a week (THE FUSION DRIES HARD TO REDUCE CHIPPING)....I will then go over any visible parts with TESTORS MODERN DESERT SAND in a 3oz SPRAY can. For weathering.....I just use the real thing:
some sand that has been sifted mixed with some baby powder.
You can always use fine grated pastels too. After weathering you can spray the whole thing with TESTORS DULLCOTE.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts