One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this bash using the Vickers K-Gun from the Hasbro SAS jeep. The figure is a plain 21C NVA figure, pretty much straight out of the box, IIRC.

This picture was taken in my backyard, in one of my flowerbeds. The rocks are part of a small pond that is still in progress...

The K-Gun is mounted on a piece of Evergreen tube, with rust-colored weathering dust applied in various shades - heavy rust first, then medium, then light rust on top.

The tube is glued to a piece of Evergreen styrene sheet, which was painted with a mud-colored paint and had railroad "grass" sprinkled on it while the paint was still fresh:

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
That's a very cool weapon. Looks like it could cause serious problems for a helicopter or low flying prop airplane.

Nice to see that 21C VC figure again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments.

[email protected], I guess my only reply is that -
1 - Perfection is an obstacle to progress and
2 - I used the figure I had.

I'm aware that Vietnamese, on average, are shorter than Americans, However, I'm not aware of an accurately scaled VC/NVA male figure (I've got the Dragon Linh, but that's for another post). I didn't make the stand any taller because I'm limited by the height of the shelves that I'm storing the figures on (when they aren't being photographed).

Beyond availability, price is another issue. Right now, I'm not in a position to buy new figures (I went to work for a 501(c)3 non-profit museum almost four years ago). My choice. Instead of being bummed that I don't have, and can't get, the latest and greatest, I'm enjoying what I DO have...

·
buyer of all cool stuff..
281 Posts
Hooray for DC Joes!

Greg (aka gunnersitz)
I love your bash! Way to pull the good ol' 21st stuff out and have fun with it. I have slowly been amassing a collection of VC off of ebay. Other than kitbashing VC from the newer Soldier Story ChiCom troops, the TUS stuff is all that is out there.
I agree that the availability of shorter bodies makes it more difficlut to achieve "lifelike" VC troops, but hey, you use what you have and have fun doing it. :thumb

Best wishes buddy,
SoF Joe from DC
(DC Joes...scattered but not forgotten) :cheers

·
Registered
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrieskip
I think he is cool and what most people forget is that south vietnamese were very small bit the north vietnamese weren't smaller than the us forces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinergy
Negitive, Maddog. In general all people in that region were/are smaller.

Also remember that most VC/NLF were actually South Vietnamese. The core cadre were either Northerners or trained in the North; but most of the run-of-the-mill fighters were from the South (not to mention usually from the region that they operated in.)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.