One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another project in the works. It's an easy one that I hope to put on display SOON!!! I am patterning it after one of the USO shows in Europe during the fall of1944.
Thanks to the Hasbro for having in their collectors series "Bob Hope", he is my MC with an all girl participate show! I already have Bob and the main attraction the
"Andrew Sisters". I collected three singing figures, one is a blonde from the batman series who bears a striking apprearence to Maxine! I put all three in USArmy WAC
uniforms. If you have done any of the research into history as I have done, the "Andrew Sisters" at one point were known as "three Jill's in a Jeep". More research into
what jeep was used. Part of the audience were members of the 101st Airborne and they made the sisters honorary paratroopers by giving them jump patches for their
oversea's caps. That answers the question why they have those patches on their caps.
I need to figure out how to add photos here.
Barry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Great Shaggy! I was in the 504th PIR of the US 82nd ABN. It was a reenactment unit out of Chicago. I joined in 1988, and made a few jumps. One of the many memorial
jumps was from an C47! When ever we had the chance to speak with original members of the 504th, they regaled us with stories of their time in.
The one vet, who has now pasted on, told me of his attendance of a USO show in Europe, just before the "Bulge". He was attached to the 101st for training as an instructor.
As the featured attraction of the show, the Andrew Sisters, were honored by the 101st and given their OverSeas cap patches before the show.
So I know who had the patches, the vets, and those they chose to give them too.
As the 82nd would say "All the Way"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts