One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good pictorial study book on US Marines in Vietnam, especially during TET offensive and battle Hue city.
Probably looking for one of those cheaper Osprey titles rather than some huge leather-bound behemoth of a book that costs a fortune.

Failing that a good web site.

Cheers,

Stu

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Well, Osprey did a lot of books about Marines in Vietnam. There is "Vietnam Marines 1965-1975" then there is "US Marine Rifleman in Vietnam" but that looks at the US Marines during Operation Dewey Canyon, then there is the book called "The Tet Offensive" that has a whole chapter about the Battle of Hue.

Or you could ask us for images as well and you should be able to find images if you google "US Marines Hue", you will find lots of images and even videos about the Battle.

·
Old Jarhead
516 Posts
Squadron had a great book on Nam. Not a lot of pictures but a great book for early war. 49 years ago this past August first major victory over the Charley. My CH34 was pictured at a LZ. Starting to feel my age. We lost three birds at one LZ. 34s were never fast like Huey's. Didn't lose any personnel thankfully.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Squadron had a great book on Nam. Not a lot of pictures but a great book for early war. 49 years ago this past August first major victory over the Charley. My CH34 was pictured at a LZ. Starting to feel my age. We lost three birds at one LZ. 34s were never fast like Huey's. Didn't lose any personnel thankfully.
Thanks for the info, would love a chat with you Combat Vets one day.

Cheers,

Stu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts