One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Looks great Playpen, some inaccuracies aside its pretty nice bash, and great remix of the newest HT figures. I think he should ditch the M-14 though, it'd be a bit much for this Recon scout sniper to lug around in addition to his two other primaries and sidearm.

Which figure comes with that tan watchcap? I rather like it. Do the HT Marpat uniforms come weathered? I assume its from the Fallujah Marine. Hope you don't mind the questions, he looks like a spiffy bash though.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
1/6th happy said:
dang that pack is huge

good bash
Blame the Falklands war for that :jawdrop

That bergen is the exact size in 1:1, because of what happend in the Falklands with transport Brit designers went big on the next issue which was the PLCE :thumb

The 58patt large pack was no bigger then the WW2 large pack , Para Bergen was realy only the size of a day pack or ALICE medium pack.

Fantastic bash mate :thumb :thumb :thumb

·
Bash in my sleep.
3,023 Posts
Bravo_2_Zero said:
Blame the Falklands war for that :jawdrop

That bergen is the exact size in 1:1, because of what happend in the Falklands with transport Brit designers went big on the next issue which was the PLCE :thumb

The 58patt large pack was no bigger then the WW2 large pack , Para Bergen was realy only the size of a day pack or ALICE medium pack.

Fantastic bash mate :thumb :thumb :thumb
I would hate to lug that pack around in 1:1

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Shh! They aren't, its in the grooming standard for the USMC, the most they can have is a moustache like that on the SSG[?] Jeff Gregoric HS, if at all, any more than that and it interferes with the seal on their gas masks; but as far as it being Playpen's figure showcasing his new swag its a nice HS.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
saiko said:
Looks great Playpen, some inaccuracies aside its pretty nice bash, and great remix of the newest HT figures. I think he should ditch the M-14 though, it'd be a bit much for this Recon scout sniper to lug around in addition to his two other primaries and sidearm.

Which figure comes with that tan watchcap? I rather like it. Do the HT Marpat uniforms come weathered? I assume its from the Fallujah Marine. Hope you don't mind the questions, he looks like a spiffy bash though.
Yup, i must agree its a bit overloaded with the M14 ( The M14 was supposed to be for a fallen comrade, which is still WIP ) and some of the gear may not be accurate :) The headwear is from HT MOS, the marpat BDU do come weathered but i add in some more weathering cos i was thinking if this guy have to spend weeks doing LRRP then uniform should be dirtier.. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've looked at the pic a few times now. The one thing that keeps getting my attention is the green water bottle. Man, if there was some way to put even a little water in there. It would also weigh it down just a bit again adding to the detail. Cool figure for sure.

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
tpa05 said:
I've looked at the pic a few times now. The one thing that keeps getting my attention is the green water bottle. Man, if there was some way to put even a little water in there. It would also weigh it down just a bit again adding to the detail. Cool figure for sure.
The 2nd thing to remove other than the M14 should be the water bottle. Whether doing recon or in sniping position. the glare from the water bottle's plastic surface would be a dead giveaway.

The one rule about bottle. It should be empty or fully filled. A half filled water bottle, when on recon will create a swish swashing noise, another big no-no for a sniper. Furthermore with it dangling outside!

These were my thoughts. Other than that it is a well-bashed subject.:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the inputs. I think you got a point with the bottle...guess i got carried away...hehe..will refine the bash abit ( Removing the M14, water bottle, updating the gear and probably changed the HS ) but the mainstay will be the Marpat and the bergen..Always had a thing for marpat bdu and BIG backpack... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.