One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There must be something in the air because I'm actually taking photos of my kitbashes-- which I usually hate and end up throwing my camera, punching an old lady, and cussing at the heavens above.

But, this was rather pleasent and easy.

Title pretty much says all there is to know... Marine M240 Gunner... I made this guy after I picked up the Saturday Toys Marine set at WoH last year. Too bad the only item I really liked was the Spartan vest-- which is really great.

I also ended up using a few items I thought I'd never use again-- a plastic pouch (but, it IS a machine gun kit) and an old 21stC E-Tool! But, I thought it might be a good idea incase this guy has to dig in and make himself a gunner's nest. (Plus I still see some photos from time to time of soldiers with this e-tool as part of their kit.)

Head is a full repaint of some Dragon head. I repaint all my heads now. Much more fun that way-- plus it makes for a much more unique looking figure IMO.

Anyway, I'm yappin, too much-- here's the figure:

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Awesome M240 Gunner Gstinny! I love the addition of the Etool pouch, I was toying around with some of those for my grunts as well. Did you customize that m7's scabbard as well?
He looks great, but one thing that might make it a little better is if you pry off that heatshield/handguard thing from over the barrel to make it the M240G model.

I'm very glad your picture taking has been pretty smooth sailing, I look forward to many more of your fantastic newly photographed figures!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Great job! I like the added detail of the pen and pencil plus the weathering of the holster.

·
Fear is not an Option!
1,391 Posts
Nice job! This is a great bash!

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Wow John, he looks great and those eyes, very lifelike, superb repaint on the hs!! He looks badass, as a Marine should, great work!! :thumb
-mike-

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
The repainted headsculpt looks pretty darn good. For the flesh tone, do you just used it directly from the bottle (what brand)? or there are some paint mixture in it? Appreciate your input. And the lips repaint is fantastic :thumb
By saying all those, I am not taking away the absolute coolness of the bash :thumb

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Nice one John.I just finished a Marine in a flighsuit and Spartan myslef for the OSW dio.I was gonna post him later tonight.

And those Spartans are cool.I just got 2 in the mail today!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
thats an awesome marine! i actually just bashed one similar, beat me to the punch though. one thing i do see though, is that the knee pad that is around his ankle, in reality would probably be turned to the side either inwards, or outwards. makes it easier to walk. just a suggestion.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I agree with Iron Mike, Porkins, and Leo. The fleshtone and eyes and everything are just perfect. What are your secrets? I keep coming back to look at this bash, yours are always my favourites and this ones no exception.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Good to see more of your stuff Stinny!!

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
CorranJ said:
And those Spartans are cool.I just got 2 in the mail today!!
Well, now I know who bought two of the three I had in my shopping cart at Monkey Depot the other day! *Shakes fist* Damn you Aaron! :rolling
Oh yeah, nice Marine John... *grumble grumble*

Kidding aside, that really is a cool figure. I don't think we see enough M240 gunners around here. And excellent repaint man. You have serious skills (but then again, you ARE an artist).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts