One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This cat has been in the works fro about 6 months or so,maybe longer.I wanted to do a Marine in a 3 color NBC suit for a while.I had messed around with a few diferent arrangements,but none stayed.I finally tracked down some ref pics,but they didn't show full clear views.But I am happy nonetheless.I tried to use the gear that was around back in 2003.I am not too sure if the FSBEII dropdown was available then,but I didn't have any of the BBI Mastercraft dropdowns to use,but when and if I find one I will change it out.the front of the vest is light on M4 pouches.Alot of the pics I have seen showed them in and around vehicles,so I figured there would be a more readily supply of ammo on those vehicles.The helmet is a TS MICH that I covered with a DML cover and then replaced the webbing.Onto the pics
Here are the Reference pics.

USMC Force Recon,OP.Iraqi Freedom.

Body/sculpt DML Walt
3 color NBC suit-DML
FSBE vest-BBi
Pouches-BBI,TS
Boots-DML
6004/M1911-BBi
FSBEII dropdown/pouches-HT
OD balacava-BBi
Stinger headset-HT
MICH-TS/DML
M4-DML/BBI/HT
LC2 webbelt-HT

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main tip is have fun doing it.

Main tip?When you go out to school,church,work,date....you try and make yourself look good,right?Examples..
Your belt buckle is centered,your shirts buttons are in line with your belt buckle,and pants zipper.You don't look sloppy.Now that doesn't always apply to our military forces,especially in the heat.But thas the approach I take when I do a bash.I make sure it looks how I would want to look going out on the town.

Plus I look at ref pics to get a general idea.Plus posing has alot to do with it too.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The next one up is almost done.It's a Marine training Spanish military

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The trick to crisp photos...a tripod.Seriously works wonders.

·
gear .....
551 Posts
Very cool bash.

This is just a suggestion, as I know you wanted NBC's, but if you can find the HT ECWCS’s, I’d love to see them on this figure as they’re slightly baggier and may resemble the ref. pics a little more.

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts