One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Quick pic of a WIP, almost finished, stock SS Figure but heavily weathered ( hard day at the office) fighting in the heat and dust!

I am hoping hes pretty accurate but No doubt some of you guys will put me straight if not. The right hand I am still struggling to get the glove on, its almost impossible but i will persevere.

Enjoy!

Stu

Attachments

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Looks great Stu! Looks like he just went through a sandstorm. Looks just like the guys from the 24th MEU (1st BN 6th Marines) in 2008.

Just a small note:

The pistol is something you wouldn't commonly find with a team leader (since he has the 203). Not impossible, but very improbable.

I can't see because it's only the front view but SS didn't include an IFAK with that box and it's something that is a 100% must. If you don't have one, you'll definitely need it.

Otherwise it looks great!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great Stu! Looks like he just went through a sandstorm. Looks just like the guys from the 24th MEU (1st BN 6th Marines) in 2008.

Just a small note:

The pistol is something you wouldn't commonly find with a team leader (since he has the 203). Not impossible, but very improbable.

I can't see because it's only the front view but SS didn't include an IFAK with that box and it's something that is a 100% must. If you don't have one, you'll definitely need it.

Otherwise it looks great!
Thanks Matt,

I was hoping you would weigh in with your expertise on the Corp, the side arm has to stay as i glued it on but I can change his primary weapon.
As hes the stock figure, hes wearing a camelbak but no IFAK so i will have to source one. How should it be correctly attached? I will try to find photos.

I had this figure for a couple of years now, and i am just getting sround to weathering him and a few others, i may have gone a little overboard on the weathering but i like it.

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Stu,

Sounds good! One more quick one. He has a PEQ-16 but if you want it to be accurate to 2008 he'll need a PEQ-15 on the rifle which I recommend. I say this because if you wanted it to be accurate to later than mid 2009 when the PEQ-16 was issued he would need the SPC vest instead of the MTV. Either an M4 or an M16 will do for the replacement weapon. Some of our squad leaders even had M4's with 203's but non had an M16/203.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stu,

Sounds good! One more quick one. He has a PEQ-16 but if you want it to be accurate to 2008 he'll need a PEQ-15 on the rifle which I recommend. I say this because if you wanted it to be accurate to later than mid 2009 when the PEQ-16 was issued he would need the SPC vest instead of the MTV. Either an M4 or an M16 will do for the replacement weapon. Some of our squad leaders even had M4's with 203's but non had an M16/203.
Looking at photos It looks like i dropped another clanger, i think the PEQ-16 is the wrong way round. I have to admit , I build most figures for fun but i need to do my research a little better in future.

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Looking at photos It looks like i dropped another clanger, i think the PEQ-16 is the wrong way round. I have to admit , I build most figures for fun but i need to do my research a little better in future.

Cheers,

Stu
Nope! The Peq 16 is correct.

·
Watching
894 Posts
Use lots of water when putting the gloves on. Keep them soaking wet and not only are they easier to work with, but they fit better once you're finished.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Use lots of water when putting the gloves on. Keep them soaking wet and not only are they easier to work with, but they fit better once you're finished.
Hi, yes thanks I did wet the glove but the hand is a proper rifle grip hand with the fingers curving inward and its proving very difficult to do without ripping them. I am trying , taking a break then resuming but its pretty labour intensive:loony

It seems to me the thumb in the glove is too short and restricts the amount i can pull over to the digits. May need a new glove at this rate.

Stu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts