One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
I came across this letter by a American non com from the airforce decrying the new combat uniforms.
I do like the stab at the new uniforms with built in hawiian shirts:rolling
xavier

·
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skypilot:
The Spanish Amobea camo patterns are highly sought after by uniform collectors. I happen to think they're cool.
Yet I wonder if Dalí created them on a bad day :lol Certainly does look like some whacked out surrealism :p
xavier

·
Registered
422 Posts
I really am hoping that you realize that letter is done as satire.

If not, then perhaps someone should slap your English teacher.

John

·
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kozin:
Even if it wasn't satire, it's still very funny to call a camo pattern a hawiian shirt.
On a serious note: the Canadian soldier cal the new CADPAT : relish camo because it looks like something that came out such a bottle :p
xavier

·
Registered
422 Posts
Calling Tiger Stripe a Hawiian Shirt? Um, nope, don't see it. They were joking about it being reversable. Despite what you might think the colors used don't have blue listed among them.

And what's there to joke about tiger stripe? Special Operations groups in Vietnam couldn't have been wrong.

After rereading that letter 6 times (trying to find some sense of reason for it) I highly doubt it was written by anyone in the service. Especially an officer (FYI CPT means Captain, which is not a non-com, in any service branch.)

Too much technical BS in that letter. It's as if the author is going out of his way trying to get you to beleive he's in the service. Quick, call out the Double Secret Squirrel HANO Squad!

It's a good laugh, just because. Anything other than that just doesn't exist.

John

·
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kozin:
I'll defer to your knowledge of the letter as I didn't read it to the end; merely the first part about the new camouflage pattern and thought it humourous.
Thanks for the correction. Abbreviations can be so confusing.
xavier

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Actually Kozin, whatever the letter writer may be, he had some valid points as to the current DOD force projection and capabilities.
Plus, he managed to get the basic memorandum format right, at least for the Army.:p

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a 1:1 AF NONCOM and I think this is the stupidist uniform /Idea I've ever seen. What research data show that this pattern is effective? What GOOD reason do we have to expend the money and resources on such a hairbrained project? They are already saying that AF tac troops will wear a more suitable uniform in theater (BDU, DCU) so if the woodland isn't good, then give us something solid colored. Something that hides the grease and dirt for the flightline guys, not some surplus store pattern that only a MPFer will enjoy!

If change is needed, we need to go back to green fatigues that you could buy for $20 a set.

:sadshake

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Sword O' Justice, read my post from a last Wednesday I think. I hope it's still up on here. I did a quick search and I wasn't able to find it. It's talks about how the CMS of the AF came here and talked about the uniforms. Anywho, here's some humour for yall. Standard BDU...

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm with Sword 'O Justice! Back to the regular OD Jungle fatigues with slanted breast pockets, Rip-stop cotton! Simple but distiguishable as Air Force!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts