One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is part of a dio that I am putting together of a US WWII Aid Station. It is an "in progress" work. I have changed several things since these photos were taken. I will be changing a lot more before it is finished.

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts
Wow, alot of things can be said about you setup. I love the doctor withthe white coat on and all of the medical supplies sitting out on the table. And the headsculpt you chose for you wounded GI is awesome, very tastefully done. Great job.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Great start, nice action happening.

Are you looking for suggestions on improving the reality of the scene?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
To make it more "natural", I recommend:

the victim needs pink teeth/mouth. you have blood coming from his mouth, but his teeth are white. they would likely be blood covered too, or at least pink tinged. the blood came from somewhere to get out of his mouth.

The victim would not have his cartridge belt on. the first medics would have undone it to open his jacket and slap a bandage on. If they had time, they would have cut it off, if not, at least undone it for access. The stretcher bearers would likely have left it behind, either because it's tough to roll a body onto a stretcher with a shovel, canteens, etc in the way, or, because it's extra weight, and bearers learn really fast to toss overboard anything they don't absolutely need to haul across the field.

Boots stay on, helmet is a toss up. Usually, helmets come off if there's not a neck/back wound suspected. However, they stay on a lot for spinal support (don't do anything to the head you don't need to). Medics may move it to better see the head, eyes, or check for contusions, etc., or they may leave it alone. Your call, in general, i would say slightly more folks would remove it and leave it in the field than leave it on, but it's a judgement call.

Personally, i would remove his first aid pouch from his belt, and have it shown "open" with the flap open, and stuff some paper in it, packages, gauze scrap, etc.. If i saw a wounded guy with his own FA pouch right there next to the wound, I would pop that sucker open immediately, and start using it. i think an open, semi empty pouch would be cool.

Toss some paper wrappers or bloody gauze around his legs on the stretcher. Medics are messy, and we don't care where our trash goes. we unwrap a bandage, the bandage goes on the victim, the paper goes out of our way somewhere.

Put some gauze under the victims hands, over his wound. bloody that up. the field medic would have slapped a compress and some gauze on the wound, and the victim would be pressing it into place, holding it. then later, the surgeon would pull it off, with a nice bloody gauze lump, and examine the wound underneath.

hope that helps!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's EXACTLY the kind of constructive criticism I wanted Graelin! I have instituted many of the suggestions you have made and will implement the others ASAP.
MANY Thanks!

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Great bunch of figures and Graeylin hit it on the head with his recommendations.
Same goes for medics, nurses and Doc. They're way too clean.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.