One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as I said on a previous thread, I did a US WW2 soldier, I really don't know what division and rank he should be, the figure is yet to be finished, so please do not bash me for the gear that is missing, I was able to do finish one of the soldiers as a rifle man, here are the pictures, (NOTE, THE FIGURE ISN'T FINISHED FULLY YET, GEAR WISE THAT IS)

I really like the CalTek preacher head, it kind of gives that "gloomy" or "just finished a battle" type of soldier, props to them, although their bendy hands are hard to bend :/

This is the other figure that is still WIP, I think of making him ranked as a sergeant, wielding an M1928 Thompson, SS M43 Buckle Tops are a pain to tie up :(

I tried making sweat stains, didn't work out VERY well, although acceptable, at least to my standards

the first soldier is
CalTek Preacher body
Dragon US WW2 wool service (Private Cappy)
DiD M1941 US Jacket
SS M1 Metal helmet
SS M1 Garand Cartridge Belt
SS M1943 Buckle Tops
SS US WW2 Bandolier
SS WW2 US Green Shirt (under the M1941 jacket and wool service)

yea, and pretty much thats it, tell me what you think about and PLEASE give me tips how to improve this figure, I might probably weather it in the future, but for the mean time I'll just keep it as it is and thank you!

·
11B
2,849 Posts
Nicely done so far :bravo!

A tip for the sweat stains, use a dark wash and slowly layer the paint. Use white pastel chalk to add a grungy dried sweat look.

Keep the good work up :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very good choice in head sculpt. Looks a lot like the old footage of troops that have been in the field for some time; unshaven, grungy. I like the helmet tilted to the side too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I guess when I comes to rank and unit, where is your soldier fighting? When I do figure it's usually because of the story of a battle or action I've read about that's interested me. Your figure looks to me to be somewhere in Nth West Europe 44-45 possible spring or summer. Good old Wikipedia a great place to read up on battles, most of the time the information has an order of battle that gives you a run down on the units involved. As for kit, he's got his rifle and spare ammo so he is good to go on patrol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess when I comes to rank and unit, where is your soldier fighting? When I do figure it's usually because of the story of a battle or action I've read about that's interested me. Your figure looks to me to be somewhere in Nth West Europe 44-45 possible spring or summer. Good old Wikipedia a great place to read up on battles, most of the time the information has an order of battle that gives you a run down on the units involved. As for kit, he's got his rifle and spare ammo so he is good to go on patrol.
I wanted him to be a Miracle At St Anna soldier, I couldn't find an African American body, I also didn't find an M1943 uniform, only the German and paratrooper versions, that is all I could find. I thought I'd go with this body since CalTek are decent guys, as for the rank, private or a PFC would be good, most NCOs were given Thompsons so I already got 3 M1928 Thompsons, I still another figure, not finished yet, and about the fighting ground of the soldier, I'm not American so I'm kind of rusty, hope that you can help me on that, here is the picture of the guys in Miracle at St. Anna, look at the soldier in the middle, in terms of looking, mine looks fairly similar,

·
Registered
151 Posts
the DiD martin luther king figure would be perfect for your "Miracle at St. Anna" bash, but its still on preorder

m43 field jackets are hard to find right now, btw us paratrooper use the regular m43 field jacket there is no airborne version, you also can modify the m1951 field jacket from the soldier story korea figure.

the thompson is a fine weapon, but in movies you see to much of them, its just not realistic to make a group bash with 4-5 figure and 3 of them use a thompson, a m1 carbine would be a nice weapon for a NCO too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts