One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are in the US and will only ship to the US, PLEASE say so in the title of your trade post / EBay post.

It may come as a surprise to some people, but there are a whole bunch of 1/6th'ers like me who actually live in the rest of the World outside the US. It really p!sses me off when I waste my time looking at a thread or following a link to EBay only to find they will ship to the US only.

Thanks,

David.

·
Senpai
84 Posts
I can sympathize with you, there are some figures and loose parts I want from HK but they only accept paypal, which I will not use because I had my identity stolen twice when using them, guess I need to find someone close that will let me use their account

·
Registered
324 Posts
Amen to that and FYI, Hawaii is part of the US. We fall under the same postal zone as the west coast - in other words shipping from the west to east coast costs more, so please stop hitting us with "additional" shipping fees when shipping USPS (I apologize for my generalizing rant because this happens very rarely):rant. It already costs way to much to live here (gas $4.27/gallon). Contrary to poor/biased media coverage, we are very patriotic and proud to be American's.:hardcase Can't speak for Alaska, but I'm sure they feel the same way. Can't we all just get along?:jump4joy

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just glad that for not being native speakers, all the Australians, Canadians and Hawaiians type pretty good English.
:lol:lol:lol

We learn it from US TV shows and movies. We are jealous, because in our poor countries our lives do not have sound-tracks or canned laughter.

Please can I come and live in your garage and clean your pool? :b

·
Registered
292 Posts
On the flip side, please do pay attention to when it actually does say US shipping only. I've sold a number of items on Ebay with it clearly marked, then get a shipping address in Canada (including a whole boxed figure!)

It's not a cost issue, since the buyer is going to pay for the shipping, I just don't want the paperwork.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not a cost issue, since the buyer is going to pay for the shipping, I just don't want the paperwork.
Every time I heard this I assumed that Americans had to swear an affidavit in front of a congressman, or attach a piece of the true cross to the envelope or something equally as onerous before they could post overseas.

Then I found out it just means filling in one of those teeny customs forms that we all have to fill in and which must take all of - oh what? - 45 seconds?

It's your prerogative where you sell to, but you must be an awfully busy man if you can't spare 45 seconds to scribble on a form.

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Not sure if it could be worked into every title on ebay. I know from experience it is tough getting enough keywords in as it is. I think ebay should have some sort of option for searches to help eliminate this issue.

I usually put my shipping limitations in very large red letters within the description body, but I have never done so in the title.

The paperwork is minimal, David, as you mention. I don't sell much, but I think most sellers just don't want to deal with other hassles, especially in countries where English is a second language. Communications can be frustrating.

But, like I said, I don't sell much.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
ActionMan said:
Please can I come and live in your garage and clean your pool?
Pool of what? This is LG we're talking about.....

I changed my daily life soundtrack to a default setting of the theme from Enter The Dragon. Makes it damned hard to relax and concentrate in the binjo though.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Things have changed a bit recently for the usps that will effect shipping costs even for small items. First class mail has branched out into different price ranges for different sizes of envelopes and boxes for domestic and international shipping. Monkey Depot even put up a thing about it on their site.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Actually, no offense to anyone, but I ship international via USPS on a regular basis without a hitch. All it took to prepare is to order the customs forms (2 kinds 1st class or other) and customs form envelopes on USPS.com and they ship them directly to your house for FREE.

I print up the shipping label online (just like domestic), fill out the customs form (45 sec.), slide it in the customs form envelope, stick it on the package and either have the postman pick it up or drop it off at the post office (just like domestic).

So, like you said ActionMan it really takes an additional 45 sec. and arrives just as fast as domestic (I have the feedback to prove it). With the US economy in the shape it is right now, it really makes good business sense to open up to international bidders. Collectibles are really keeping me afloat right now because my portfolio has taken a definite nose dive. Besides, it does wonders for international relations - you meet some really cool people.

It is just my humble opinion, but I really don't think it needs to be that complicated ;).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts