One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, though I'd share some pictures of my not yet completed Marines that I took for fun earlier this evening. These two are still a little ways off from being finished, but a heck of a lot closer than the rest of their squad and platoon mates :p

Most of the stuff is off the shelf, but a few of the things I modified or customized were:
Both HS - custom, mine!
Mechanix gloves - cut open to fit over hand and resewn to a tighter fit.
VHT Tan nomex gloves - resewn completely to be smaller.
Both sets of BBi pistol grip barehands ridiculously cut down to smaller size.
Both member's M-84 Stun grenades - homemade
M16A4s - Repainted, RAS holes drilled out, RCO modified from unknown Acog, thanks to Vapor360! I think the peq-2 and foregrip are also thanks to him :D
Both G 3.5s also ridiculously thinned in the torso, with Lambert's height also slightly reduced.

Forgive the lack of a full view of the figures, opting instead for the forced perspective shots. You can blame my photo class for that :p Also, I apologize for the dark contrast in my pictures, unfortunately where I was taking pictures was still too dark for the camera with just two incandescent lights and a really high ISO :bag Well enough jabbering, on to the pix!

PFC Williams

CPL Lambert

And here is the M40A3 that I've been working on, it was heavily weathered and sanded down, before being repainted with a flat coat of a sandy colour I mixed. I'm not sure yet how [or if] the camouflage scheme will be.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lucas, many thanks! I appreciate the comment especially coming from you.

USMC Maggot, I'm glad you like them, Dragon made these M16A4s, and if I'm not mistaken,
Bobby also noted that SOTW also makes them.

Barnes, thanks, unfortunately I forgot to take those pictures, but i should come up with some in a day or so. I look forward to seeing your Fallujah Marines as well :D

Huy, thanks for the comment bro. I used the example Hawk LS put forth and using the clear tube from the twisty ties that hold HT figures down I inserted a segment of thread I painted red. I then cut off the front and rear sight/mounts, painted it black, glued the fiberoptic down, and then it took me an hour to cut out the right shape to make the sides of the fibre optic holder. I'll try and get a good picture of this for you, but here is his excellent example.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52953&highlight=fiber+optic
PS thanks Hawk LS for the example, yours looks better than mine :[

Thank you Grizzerr! Hope your mom had a great birthday!

Cannednerves, thanks buddy, these guys are based off of 1:1 individuals, so I stuck mainly to what they had. Glad to have your approval :D

Thank you as well Uramegak!

Thanks Ian, that was the hardest part, and one of the reasons my figures take so long to be completed. Appreciate the comment :)

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Iron Mike, thats very much appreciated.

Thanks also HP, means a lot to me buddy.

Thanks so much Leo, I'm honoured to have your approval :D

Rangerg282, many thanks as well, I'm glad that you like them!

Grr, I meant to have some newer pictures up, but my friend deleted them prematurely. Oh well, I guess thats left up to another day, maybe with morning light! :D

Anyway, to any and all who view this, have a Merry Christmas, a Happy Channukah, and a wonderful Holiday!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.