One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Really well done there, the sculpt and the arms are fantastic. I gotta say that I have never seen the 1911 in that format, where did you get that idea in lieu of a pistol belt?

·
Old Jarhead
516 Posts
Nice figure! In 65' the M14 also was still in use by the Corps. I was flying off the USS Valley Forge (LPH) and we were operating with the USS Monticello (LSD) and the USS Montrose(APA). In September I recall A4s dropping napham within 500 yards of the camp that had been established shortly before in June if memory serves me. I had an old boot camp buddy who was a sniper and was part of the BLT that was operating with the task group. His first wounds were the soup in his backback that feel victum to counter fire when he thought a burial mound was a good area to snipe from. I remember an Army Huey armed with four fixed M60s pair flying off the Monticello. They were amazing birds compared to the old CH34s we were operating. We lost three to ground fire when the first big encounter with the NVA happened a few months later just a bit futher North.Operation Starlight. This was in the Cenrqal Highlands and Colonel Moore and his men did there stand. Theres nothing like being in a slow moving bird while under fire to teach on patience. I digress, A great figure that brings backs to memories to one who got the old brain bucket rattled once too often during those days.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.