One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,578 Posts
Smashing figure. The botas are especially well done.

I've known and participated with quite a few of the Tejon Dragoon bunch over the years. That place is as haunted as it gets.

Are you looking for a Walker, or one of the Dragoon models, specifically?

· Registered
3,578 Posts
I've been Kit Carson for Cal State Parks for 20 years this December now. :lol

It's only been in the last few years that well-researched and available texts have been able to dissect the actual from the myth propagated by the pulp and dime novels starting with Fremont's creation of the first national celebrity.

Carson led a remarkable life when compared against any these days. However, when lined up with his contemporaries, he really was an unassuming guy who had a fairly common life that so many of his caliber made routine.

· Registered
3,578 Posts

LG2, do you have any suggestions on where I can get a good Colt Walker for my dragoon? Thanks in advance.
As far as I know, there haven't been any Walkers made. This is on my to-do list and I'll be making it from my 1/1.

If this fig were a Mex/Amer War fig, the only revolver you could go with would be the Paterson. One of the most graceful pieces ever built. And yet another on my list to build in 1/6 from my 1/1s.

I feel the period urge coming on, and will likely address these projects after WoH when I have more time (right now I am swamped with preparing for that). I will keep you in mind.

· Registered
3,578 Posts
KneeJoint, that is very close.

If you're not too concerned about accuracy, that version will easily pass for a Walker, although it shares some features with the later "Dragoon" models. What is obvious first off is that the characteristic "magnum" cylinder size of the day appears to be of the smaller standard dimension of later Colts. Overall, most of the features are there. The end of the loading lever/muzzle area need a bit of tweaking. The casting/molding process seems to have rounded the squarebacked triggerbow a bit, but that can be fixed in a snap with a file.

At over 4.5 lbs (the biggest production pistol ever made by Colt), the Walker is a monster and looks every bit the part. I can't tell if this one reflects that size difference when compared to others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.