1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
300 Posts
Your photos made my day. Such a joy to see them. Thanks for sharing with us!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Impressive looking figures and exceptional photography!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sweet looking Troopers...kewl pics, too!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Always a joy to see some Cavalry or other Western figures. They look great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Can you tell us more about the uniforms, gear and especially the horse saddles and tack that you used as all of it looks very good.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Can you tell us more about the uniforms, gear and especially the horse saddles and tack that you used as all of it looks very good.
Yes, certainly. The horses are from Dragon, the black one was called "Pfeil", the brown horse "Molniya" (I bought it used, it had broken parts so I had to repair it and paint the legs black). The saddles have been custom made by Jean Ross, awesome craftsmanship from her (you can find her on ebay jeaway2 auf eBay). Jean has a wide range of saddles for all actual horses on the market. I have some 1859 and 1885 McClellan saddles from her.

1859 McClellan saddle:
IMG_9372 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

I use the 1859 McClellans for my Virginia Cavalry for example:
IMG_8465 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

1885 McClellan
IMG_8888 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

Here is a Western saddle from Jean on a Dragon horse:
IMG_8505 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

For most of my figures I use the actual DiD body because it is produced in two different heights, which makes a troop of figures look more individual.

The boots and the rifles are from Dog Soldiers, sadly not produced anymore. Dog Soldiers had some fine indian native figures and Cavalry Sets.

The trousers and greatcoats are from Battle Gear Toys.

Saber, equipment belt, hat and gloved Hands are from Sideshow. You can use the DiD Handpegs for the Sideshow gloved Hands.

The Holster is from ITPT.

I had some federal Cavalry years ago and collected any suitable items for a long time, so my figures consist of a lot of parts from different manufacturers.
IMG_9764_zpsejpah7mq by petemit, auf Flickr

After watching the movie "Hostiles" I decided to give my US Cavalry a new look, or better...I decided to give them the look they had during the Indian Wars. Nowadays I would recommend Battle Gear Toys (https://battlegeartoys.com) if you start to build any US Cavalry troops. I was lucky to start collecting when we had lots of Sideshow Figures from their Brotherhood of Arms Series, when there was Dog Soldiers or Manitou Free Traders. The First Sergeant in the following pic uses the trouser, sack coat, Hat and Henry Rifle from BGT, the indian scout has his trousers and vest from BGT.

IMG_8877 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

·
Registered
138 Posts
Very Nice !! You have a awesome collection. Love that era, I wish DID or someone would start to produce figures from that period again. I highly recommend Battle Gear Toys as well..great products and service. Curious where you got those saddle blankets ? I just recently purchased a saddle from the same person on ebay and am in the process of a Cavalry figure. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Curious where you got those saddle blankets ? Thanks for sharing
Thank you! The blankets are from Jean Ross as well. In the past she had two blankets for each saddle you purchase, the "regular"/"ordinary" one in grey or blue with a yellow or an orange stripe and the other blanket was for officers/ceremonial duties in dark blue with the yellow border around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts