One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Upgraded Hasbro Indiana Jones

7K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  rogerbee 
#1 ·
Hey gang, here are some quick (and crappy) pictures of my upgraded Hasbro Indiana Jones.

Comparison: Naked Hasbro figure and Clothed BBi Figure:

All clothing and accessories are from the Hasbro Talking Indiana Jones figure.
Body is BBi G2
Headsculpt is a BBi G3 figure - I think it was Johann Jurgens or something. I got him from MonkeyDepot.com last year. He has the Harrison Ford scar under his lower lip and I think if I darken his hair he will resemble Ford as Indiana Jones even more.

I originally used the BBi G3 body that came with the headsculpt, but it was too bulky and the shirt looked too tight. I think the BBi G2 body looks better.

Hopefully these lousy pics will encourage people to pick up the awesome Hasbro figure. For $20 you get some very decent clothing. I really like the fedora and the boots. The leather jacket is pretty nicely done as well. The quality far exceeded my expectations.

See less See more
#3 ·
I found mine at Target this weekend. I also saw a few at KB Toys.

Good luck finding them!

#8 ·
Thanks guys, I was very surprised by the quality of the clothing and accessories.

I didn't make the connection with the headsculpt until I saw the little scar beneath his lower lip, then I was like, "waitaminute..." :b

#13 ·
Rogerbee - You're right, it's not Johann Jurgens. I thought it was because I remembered that I purchased that figure from MonkeyDepot.com. I might have to go through my past orders and see which BBi figure it is.

Thanks for the head's up!

#17 ·
The "upgrade" is nice. :thumb
The headsculpt is BBi, but no Jurgens.
It is one of the US Spec Ops guys, named Gunslinger
bbi # 021165.
He has the Bruce Willis likeness to him, IMHO.

BTW, I purchased the Cairo Swordsman last night at Walmart.
Very nice for $19.
I will review him in a separate thread, as I do not wish to derail this one.

Best wishes,
SoF Joe

#20 ·
Yeah, I see what you mean in terms of the headsculpt looking kind of like Bruce Willis. I think I will give him a darker brown wash on his hair and see if that brings out more of a Harrison-Ford likeness.

Thanks again for the comments!

#22 ·
It's actually not too bad. He has teeth and a tongue and he kind of looks like the marionettes from Team America: World Police when you push the button to move his mouth.

#23 · (Edited)
Do you know if the HS on the whipping one is comparable in size to a DML one? I'd really like to repaint that sculpt and put it on my current Neo3 Indy. The sculpt looks better every time I see it, and I haven't seen it in person yet either.

CHEERS!

EDIT:

Hmmm, on further appraisal of the MWC review, BBI will be the way to go. Oh well, cheerio Keith Gordon, it was nice knowing you! I guess the head size question still stands though, would it look out of place on a G1?

#24 ·
Do you know if the HS on the whipping one is comparable in size to a DML one? ...snip...
I guess the head size question still stands though, would it look out of place on a G1?
Rogerbee - I don't have the "whipping action" Indy, but I have seen him in stores and they don't seem too oversized. In fact, as you can see with the comparison shot between the "Talking" Indy and the BBi headsculpt, hasbro's sculpt is actually smaller than the BBi sculpt. I think you might be able to work out the "whipping" Indy head onto a Dragon Neo3 body, although you would have to modify the neck to fit the Dragon body. I hope you give it a try!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.