One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Structural problems have been corrected and the Station is now attatched to the wall. It should be noted that both the weight and dimensions are being limited so that this diorama can fit through the doorway. This shot is prior to leveling.
[/URL][/IMG]
Testing placement of some Nurnies.
[/URL][/IMG]
Nurnies, which are also called Greebles, are the bits of miscellany that add " realism " to models.
The Nurnie factory is in full swing...
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
Painting them is easy, figuring out what they should be is the tough part.
I probably drink WAY too much 5 Hour Energy, but I have plenty of "gas bottles".
[/URL][/IMG]
Dollar store jump rope handles are a great value for torch bottles. Only 50 cents each !
[/URL][/IMG]
I'm still searching for that "it" item that makes a good regulator/guage for these.
Here, a couple of ink cartridge packages are pretending to be airlock beacons. These guys are waiting for LEDs and weathering.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
As always, my work is supervised by Viscious Alien Snork Monsters.
Here I am testing LED lighting placement. The ceiling panels are white to help reflect and difuse the color.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
I think I have enough red LEDs to light s real Space Station, but I do enjoy the blue ones....
[/URL][/IMG]

That's all I have for now. Hope you enjoyed!

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Updates to WIP Space Station (Led Testing)

Load tested my 100 amp, 12v power supply. I don't think it even broke a sweat!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

I probably have another 1000 red and I have about 100 more blue in the cool 2 LED strips. Good for tablets and workstations.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, definitely making great progress!
I love the bottles... I hadn't thought of using that sort of thing... food for thought :D
I love how this is coming together! Such a beast of a build, and just pure fun to see. Looks like you are having a blast with it, and that feeling is infectious. Super cool seeing a lot of the bottles and bits you're using too. Definitely seeing some stuff I might have to start saving.
Thanks all!
i am having a blast with this. I am also looking at the semi-formed plastic covers ( blister packs?) that things like super glue, razors, spark plugs etc. come in, for some unique shapes. Be sure to check out the above photos for the cool LED test.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you!

The re-purposed items really make me smile, what I call "small genius tech".
You have no idea! I'm close friends with the imaginary CEO of Fresh Industries ( Mr PB Fresh ) he has lots of ideas for a " Small Genius " . Lol.

How to use up all that stuff just sitting around :thumb Pretty cool stuff.
Just as long as I temper to draw the line somewhere. I'm planning the antacid containers ( seen in blue and green) as part of an antenna array, you can never have too many, assuming it comes off as believable.
So love this..a true original bash..nice work..
Makes me wish I had started this years ago! Thank you !

keep it coming
Did some work today, hoping to do pics later!

·
Banned
259 Posts
I saw this in person and it is impressive. Matter of fact, on my lunch hour one day I went over to Pontiacivan's house, helped him carry his command center up a flight of stairs and put it on his corridor...shortly after going back to work he texts me and tells me about "the accident". Pontiacivan, you can rebuild it, make it stronger than it was before, faster...anyway, add me to list of people who want to see this finished...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts