One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Updates to WIP Space Corridor

(Science) Fiction, Fantasy, & Adventure 
3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Pontiacivan 
#1 ·
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]Got a little more done and took some shots while testing LED placement. Hope you like!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking !
Due to the size and commitment to this environment, I plan on using it for a variety of scenarios; pirates, derelict/ghost ship/ retired navy space battleship, cargo ship, space station, just to name a few.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for looking !
Due to the size and commitment to this environment, I plan on using it for a variety of scenarios; pirates, derelict/ghost ship/ retired navy space battleship, cargo ship, space station, just to name a few.
You ain't kidding about the size and commitment! That's a pretty big dio; I guess space really is the final frontier. Nicely designed and executed, too. And I see what you mean about the versatility -- probably with a just a little bit of redressing you can get very different settings out of it. It's like set design parts that could be sitting around Pinewood. Well done!

#6 ·
Thanks! It's large enough for my Mobile Support Vehicle to drive in " Aliens Style" . Not sure if the Drop ship will fit as it is apart right now for work.
It's going to be pretty wicked man. I can't wait to this finished.
Me either, though I doubt it will ever be " finished " but constantly morphing.

That's lookin' great!
Could totally use it for multiple scales, too
Absolutely! I'm building it large enough for a squad of ThreeA Caesars to be in the corridor at the same time and not look crowded. If I slid a divider floor and made a top and bottom it would be HUGE for 1:18 scale!
same here...the final result is sure to be amazing.
Weathering, detail, glueing, weathering, lighting, crap I just broke that, more glue. I hate to show it unfinished, but I think I need to play with it between build sessions. I'm really glad Blue LEDs can make neon paint fluoresce, it saves money.

Thanks to all for looking and commenting!

#18 ·
I really have to give you props for this Project.Having worked in Set Construction for a few years in the Movies that's exactly the same as the way we built Corridors.Gave me a bit of a flashback,excellent work sir!
oh man, what a MASSIVE build! And it is really cool how versatile it is, both for 1/6 scenarios and other scales. It looks great, and love the pics with the blue lighting. And that 3A Caesar is huge! I have a lot of 3A stuff, but I've only picked up a couple of the robots, and only have the smaller scale one. I never realized quite how big the 1/6 scale ones were until I saw these pics.
VERY impressive! It's not so much a diorama as a movie set... done in sixth scale!

I eagerly await what comes out of this!
Thanks again to everyone who has looked and commented. I'm trying to find enough time between " Honeydoos" to make some progress worthy of an update. The LEDs for the overhead lighting are strips. They come in 2,4,5 and 8 and I have red and blue. I am working n the permanent placement and wiring for both colors so I can do different themes.

#9 ·
oh man, what a MASSIVE build! And it is really cool how versatile it is, both for 1/6 scenarios and other scales. It looks great, and love the pics with the blue lighting. And that 3A Caesar is huge! I have a lot of 3A stuff, but I've only picked up a couple of the robots, and only have the smaller scale one. I never realized quite how big the 1/6 scale ones were until I saw these pics.

#11 ·
I added two more sections last night. I have to box them in with foamboard and do some hot glue " welding " before a shoot again. What's odd is that the ThreeA Bertie MK3 is even bigger. It's about the size of a good sized fire extinguisher. I wanted to make sure all 3 of my Caesars could fit while still conveying how tigh it is for them. Thanks for checking it out!
I'm sure you've thought of this, but you should leave the ends unattached so that one of your options is always to put in a full mirror. Huge as this thing is, there would be considerable visual impact to doubling it.
I love this idea! Yes I plan to keep the ends "open" by using a removable section the is a faux "T" junction. One end is going to get about 2' of straightaway and the other is going to be about 3 sections of a direction reversal, 4 if it doesn't convey that "S" curve feeling. Using a flat oval shape ( irregular dodecagon to be exact) means there is still a fair amount of straight shot. I figure the curves could serve as cover. I'm gonna scrounge a mirror later and take a shot. I'll post it if is any good.

As I mentioned, at an earlier time, my WIP, ( can't decide on wheels or tracks, so it sits) modified Mobile Support Vehicle fits inside nicely and can make the turn without looking bogus.
My AH-6 Little bird will not fit with the blades on . (There goes the storyline about the nut flying down the corridor.) However, since I am still fitting the LEDs to it,it makes a great derelict sitting inside an " abandoned" freighter. I'm thinking " pirate chop shop".
Anyway, I'm always looking for inspiration. Please let me know what you think about the fluorescent effects, I need to know when it becomes " too much".

Thanks again for the comments!

#10 ·
I'm sure you've thought of this, but you should leave the ends unattached so that one of your options is always to put in a full mirror. Huge as this thing is, there would be considerable visual impact to doubling it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.