One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, due to a combination of frustrations with a dying camera and 1:1 priorities I haven't actually posted any pics in a couple of years, so hopefully this works. Here's my current collection room with resident Joes, robots, aliens and a few Marvel-inspired characters. If this works I'll be posting more close-ups of the figures housed in the cabinets over the next 1-2 weeks. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Re: The Pit - aka oliver's Joe Room (photo upload test)

Wow, so clean and organized!
My room is in a complete shambles haha.

Really great looking space though, and I definitely see some great stuff on those shelves.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Fine space, indeed.

Tell me about that floor. I has a lot of character.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

Wow Rob, that is a great room. Looks friendly and comfortable, as well as attractive. Thank you for showing it.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thank guys, I'm looking at you, Jonneye4! Good call as I'm self admittedly OCD on all things related to my "stuff".

@ dadrab - The floor isn't much. Just a laminate flooring imitation wood. It looks like hardwood, but isn't really and is actually better suited to basements where higher humidity might cause issues with real wood. I live in a relatively dry climate, but being an engineer I over-spec'ed the flooring.

@ PD - Yeah, thanks. But, I think I still need to get a a leather bean bag chair for reading my graphic novels. Plus a BOSE speaker for my iPod to tie it all together.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts

Very nice space indeed Oliver. I particularly like the storage incorporated into the desk so that you can keep everything so neat and tidy. Colour me jealous.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,958 Posts

Looking clean and tidy. The war room is tight. :thumb

you know a clean and orderly room is a sign of a sick mind :lol
I think you could be on to something here ;) , but that's most of us soooooo....

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks Guys.

@ turkeyshot - The desk is actually just a slab of wood, made from some recycled/cleaned up barn wood timbers, then resting on top of 2 IKEA bookshelves turned outward. A few foam pieces between the wood slab and bookshelves for grip and to protect the bookshelves' finish. Plus, it's easy to move as 3 separate pieces after my kids move out and we eventually retire to a smaller house.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts

This is not a pit by any stretch of the imagination. But a clean, well-lit, orderly, and exhibit-like pristine environment. I just hope that your dedication to good order does not keep you from continuing to expand you already formidable collection.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

This is not a pit by any stretch of the imagination. But a clean, well-lit, orderly, and exhibit-like pristine environment. I just hope that your dedication to good order does not keep you from continuing to expand you already formidable collection.
Thanks! No worries there. Though my rate of picking up new figures has slowed down over the past couple of years, I still have a few things spread out with available shelf space to put new additions. Right now I've got a backlog of about half a dozen boxed and/or nude figures to assemble as time permits.

·
Registered
956 Posts

Great work space and display. I was hoping that was a GI Joe reference! And like dadrab I immediately notice how slick the flooring looks. Some great stuff in your collection, and that's a hell of a nice display. I wish I could manage to keep my work area anywhere near this clean.

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,388 Posts

sweet hobby room !!
Has a very zen like feel to it and looking forward to see more !

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Re: UPDATED Pics of The Pit: oliver's Joe Room

New pics added at TOP of thread. 3 out of 5 cabinets shown as follows:

1) Marvel Cabinet: Stark/Iron Man, Peter Parker, Punisher, Logan, Hulk, Cap and a Marvel-inspired character my wife and I came up with some years back (i.e., not Gambit but used that TT body for a S.H.I.E.L.D. operative with Daredevil-like athletic abilities and spooky/psychic precognition ... long story).

2) RAH Cabinet: Hawk (still a WIP) Shipwreck & Polly, Chuckles, Snake Eyes, Heavy Duty (also still a WIP) and Doc. Plus, a couple of RAH-inspired characters of my own ("Turk" and "Six").

3) ALFs and Robots Cabinet: a couple of my favorite Preds, some 3A WWR Dropcloths and Apexplorer Space Gorilla.

Two more cabinets left to do with Hasbro 40th Anniversary & repro Adventure Team figures as well as reduxed green shirts ... later this week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts