One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED 12/14/07 - Futuristic God Armor Kratos 2457 A.D. - now with Blade of Olympus!

UPDATED 12.14.07 - Now with Blade of Olympus and Short Sword!

I finished these two new weapons last week. I figure this is the future reforged version of the Blade of Olympus and thus looks different than the one seen in the game. I also added a damaged red tunic over the chain mail and under the armor too.

Matching short sword (the original Blade of Olympus from the 7 inch Kratos figure modified to fit 1/6 scale :D)

than the UPDATED 11.21.07 - Now with FLAMING BLADES OF CHAOS!!
I decided to add a cybernetic eye to one of the Kratos head sculpts (see first photo below) and then I cut down the flaming chains/whips and attached them specifically to the blades alone.

I think this makes the blades not only look more powerful, but also more intimidating. I'm still working on a sci-fi Blade of Olympus and hope to have it done over the long weekend...

Thanks again for looking!

ORIGINAL POST:

As many of you know, I'm the "KUSA Kustomizer" and thus I figured I'd mix up my two passions at the moment - KUSA kustomizing and God of War.

I bought an extra NECA 12" Talking Kratos: God of War figure and decided to break it apart and do my best to rebuild it into what I think Kratos *might* look like 500 years from now and 3000 years from the time in the actual games.

The fabrication included the following:
- modifying the basic KUSA armor so to replace the shoulder pads
- used magnets to attach the arms and neck post
- added "blood circulators" to his chest armor - these were on some spawn figure and I put red cough syrup inside them and they now rejuvenate his blood and help it circulate while he's in the armor :D
- cutting/dremeling out the back to include the voice box (yes, the voice "talking" feature is still included in the figure and you can even replace the batteries when they run out!)
- cutting a set of chain mail shirt/skirt (from Greg at Cotswold - special thanks for that!! :D)
- adding custom left shoulder pad (former shoulder pads on McFarlane Spawn Overtkill figure)
- adding boots under KUSA calf armor (formerly of the Stan Winston Creatures Horrg the Dismantler figure)
- added retractable "spurs" spikes to the back of the boots (see photo below)
- added "power conductors" on left shoulder armor from some spawn figure (forget which one)
- added back armor and wires (another spawn figure)
- added two ammo/power packs on the top of the figure's back to give it a bit of height and depth - power reserves maybe? :confused:

I repainted the entire armor using acrylic paints in the color scheme seen in the game and specifically the "Ares Armor Kratos" version of the character. For those that haven't played the game, he wears a version of the armor worn by Ares, the former god of war (from the first game) which is deep maroon/red, gold, brass, black and silver in color. I think it worked perfectly with the KUSA armor and I detailed it to look extremely similar to the Ares Armor Kratos design with the "worn" look over the entire thing (he's the god of war after all, he's been fighting ;))

I figured it wouldn't be right for Kratos to NOT have his signature weapons - the Blades of Chaos - so I decided to keep them as they were (no resculpting), but I decided to repaint them so they blended better with his darker armor and made them look like metal blades. I'm currently in the process of finishing a futuristic Blade of Olympus, but it's not quite done - sorry :(

So...without further ado, here's Future Armor Kratos: God of War - 2457 A.D. ...

the top of the wires/back mount sits right on top of the "push button" voice activation switch which makes him talk :)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
HOLEY CROW! Jess this is my favorite of all your KUSA customs. This the next level for your KUSAs and I can't wait to see what's next.

I still have my clear KUSA, it's sitting on a shelf taunting me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Kratos

Holy smokes! Now don't take this wroung but if this guy where on a battlefield the smell of feces would overwhelm all the other smells of battle cause folks would be sheetin their drawers.
Man what a figure. Looks like a friggin power plant on his shoulder. All the armor is just pure eye candy to me. I'd love to learn how to cut apart figures in order to do this. Outstanding!

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the comments - it means a lot coming from you all who I know have the skills to do work better than my own... :) :D

I'm looking forward to starting on my next few armored customs since I'm sitting on five more suits of KUSA armor and two sets of ZMDC armor and I've got a demonic armored warrior and a Guts Futuristic Black Swordsman planned (for those Berserk manga/anime fans out there ;)), but I'm thinking of taking a month or so off of customizing 1:6 and waiting until after the new year...unless something really strikes me as cool and I need to begin...

I don't know if I'll be able to top this one though...I'm a HUGE Kratos fan and this one is probably my favorite so far as well... :D

I'll post more photos of the alternate head and Blade of Olympus once I have it done...

Thanks again for the comments :D :D

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Hail to KING KUSA - JESS!
You just outdo yourself with another earth trembling piece!!!
Now I just hate myself for not getting that 12" Kratos, or else you will be fighting him in ZMDC... now, you got me thinking of a Assassins Creed Sci Fi verson... White hooded, blades on ZMDC....

By the way GREG, I dig that chainmail!!! Can I get one?!

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CalvinLo said:
Hail to KING KUSA - JESS!
You just outdo yourself with another earth trembling piece!!!
Now I just hate myself for not getting that 12" Kratos, or else you will be fighting him in ZMDC... now, you got me thinking of a Assassins Creed Sci Fi verson... White hooded, blades on ZMDC....

By the way GREG, I dig that chainmail!!! Can I get one?!
Calvin - this is a great idea - an Assassin's Creed Altair KUSA kustom would be badass... ;) :D

As for the chain mail - greg's been talking about it here for a while - check it out: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64385

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Awesome figure, Kratos of the future, just cooooool.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.