One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone here any experience with the Uniforms from Costworld, to be more exact the Vietnam Uniforms they have? I plan to buy some of the Jungle Utilities, ERDL and Tiger Stripe Uniforms and from the images they look fine but I would like to hear from people who bought them how the quality of these uniforms is.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
Re: Unifroms from Costworld question

Not exactly what you have asked, but I bought Cotswold peacoat and it is excellent.

ZP

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts

I haven't gotten their uniforms yet, but I've gotten some equipment, mostly M16/M14 bandoliers which are pretty nice, and good material.
They have a white tag that you can just snip off, then fill with ammo (or cut popsicle sticks for a nice substitute) and you're pretty much good to go.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts

here's a side-by-side with Cotswold in the middle, 21C on his right and SoldierStory (ToySoldier?) on his left. the Cotswold is many years old, I don't know if they still use the same patterns and material (from their website it looks the same). 21C fabric of course is very thick and a poor fit on some of the newer figures but many people think the tigerstripe is good, Cotswold cloth is much thinner but I've never seen a 'Nam bash on OSW using a Cotswold tigerstripe uni, is it not accurate? maybe one of the Vietnam experts can help here. also, Cotswold unis are cut to fit Elite Brigade figures so they might not fit the figures you intend to use as well as you'd like....

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have seen a Willard Bash that uses the Costworld Tiger Stripe uniform. Also I plan to use mostly newer and older Dragon figures, seeing how they are the easiest and relatively cheap to get. I also can tell you that the 21C Tiger Stripe uniforms vary in size from package to package, at least that is what I noticed with the unis I have.

As for the Costworld Tiger pattern: I think its kind of accurate, at least from what I know its one of the many tiger stripe pattern that was used in NAM.

·
YES I Know My Team Sucks
965 Posts

I have the BDU's on my Vietnam MP....and the look great...they are defiantly made for shorter figures, G.I.Joe, 21st century, etc.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts

Oh God let's not open the "Which Tiger Stripe is Accurate!" debate again......

Cotswolds uniforms, assuming they haven't changed them over the past 5 or 6 years (which may be a stretch), were great in 2002.....but the patterns, cut, and hardware would best be described as "great for a Vintage GI Joe figure" but more like doll toys for anything modern, you won't compare them to, say, Hot Toys tailoring, etc.

And others will say the tiger stripe pattern is not 1/6 but much smaller......but again, depends on what you want to do with it. Accurate? No. Usable? Sure.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well, I never expected them to be on par with Hot Toys, but as it stands, there currently isnt any company that offers Jungle Utilities aside from Costworld. The Jungle Uniform that comes with the ACE Lucky Six figure has no lower pockets because it is meant to be tucked into the pants and I dont recall regular soldiers removing the lower pockets of their Shirts like that.

·
Registered
94 Posts

here's a side-by-side with Cotswold in the middle, 21C on his right and SoldierStory (ToySoldier?) on his left. the Cotswold is many years old, I don't know if they still use the same patterns and material (from their website it looks the same). 21C fabric of course is very thick and a poor fit on some of the newer figures but many people think the tigerstripe is good, Cotswold cloth is much thinner but I've never seen a 'Nam bash on OSW using a Cotswold tigerstripe uni, is it not accurate? maybe one of the Vietnam experts can help here. also, Cotswold unis are cut to fit Elite Brigade figures so they might not fit the figures you intend to use as well as you'd like....

Of these 3, the 21c is best. Colors etc. The Cotswold and the Soldierstory are a bit too modern looking esp. the Cotswold.

·
IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,599 Posts

And here I thought we had a new 1:6 retailer. Should have realized it was supposed to be Cotswold.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Well it was in the title XD

I am more interested in knowing if their OG Jungle Uniforms fit dragon bodies or not then if the tiger stripe pattern is accurate and correct. Anyway, I send Costworld a mail, lets see what they tell me.

·
2,599 Posts

No, the title says Costworld, not Cotswold.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Oh you are correct, let me fix that. Edit: title fixed.

·
2,599 Posts
Oh, BTW, I've been buying from them for years and NEVER had a problem. Great service and pricing.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Cotswold uniforms are very nice; but haven't changed much in the last decade. They are also tailored to the original GI Joe/Action Man dimensions, so thee trousers will have to be tucked into the boots so it doesn't look like he's wearing capris! Here's a Dreams and Visions figure (which uses the same body mold as the original Joe) wearing the Vietnam War Navy SEAL Tiger Stripes. Hope this helps!

-Nate

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
For what it's worth, the tiger stripe camo fatigues, as well as the erdl/highland leaf, olive drab, and woodland camo fatigues, were all designed with the classic 1960's G.I. Joe body in mind. They fit most other 12" figures, but their cut may not fit as well as they do on the vintage bodies. They haven't changed much for we're still selling stock made X years ago (gotta remember - order MOQ's were a LOT higher back in the day).

Later uniform sets, especially those designed by Auggie Romero, were a more adaptable to other figures' bodies, like the WWI German Infantry Uniform and the German Trench Raider Uniform Sets...

Thanks,

Greg at Cotswold
www.gijoeelite.com

Cotswold uniforms are very nice; but haven't changed much in the last decade. They are also tailored to the original GI Joe/Action Man dimensions, so thee trousers will have to be tucked into the boots so it doesn't look like he's wearing capris! Here's a Dreams and Visions figure (which uses the same body mold as the original Joe) wearing the Vietnam War Navy SEAL Tiger Stripes. Hope this helps!

-Nate

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I have to simply try it out. I mean, I put Dragon figures in 21C uniforms and the 21C uniforms are rather smallish.

Also, I am not sure what you talking about bigwig, the times I ordered from Cotswold several times in the past and never had any issues.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I ordered 3 sets of the OG Jungle Uniforms and I will report my experience with them once I use em for my bashes. Also I always tuck the uniforms into the boots, I did that to all the Vietnam Kitbashes even if its not that accurate (most Soldiers rolled the trousers up for better ventilation and to have water to flow out the pants freely).

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, just my luck. So I placed my order on those OG Jungle Uniforms and I just got a mail that they are all sold out and that after I send a mail this weekend about it that was answered by Mercury. I really needed those 3 sets of uniforms to finally finish my NAM Squad build. So, I guess I am .... outta luck........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts