One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
retired firefighter
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys im in the process of bashing a Navy SEAL early 80s right around Beirut time,any ideas? im thinking Marine 782 gear. what type side arm holster do you think they had? im thinking not to many drop downs back then. any ideas would be great,photos would be excellent.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Not a lot of uniform experimenting going on doing that period. BDUs were just released to the military so, that was the uniform of choice. The Jungle 107 was popular and a lot of SOF unit were allowed to wear them as a field uniform. Tiger Strips were also allowed for Force Recon and some Army SF units. SEALs could wear what ever they wanted or what the mission called for. So, you have a free hand with even using all black 107 Jungle. I would go with woodland BDUs.

Also the 45 (M1911) was still king back then. The drop down was not used much because unlike to day, the majority of equipment used was obtained through the standard supply system. However, the shoulder harness was popular be it civilian (police type) or military (M7).

The military was just starting to look for a replacement ALICE type gear and was starting to test/adopt the H&S Intergrated Individual Fighting System I and II. However, most SOF unit were still using ALICE stuff with 4 to 6 LC-2 ammo pouches. About 89 you will see a lot of the Tier II units starting to use H&S Intergrated Individual Fighting System I and II or the ABA Tac Vest. Hope that helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts