One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Unethical post on other websites.

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  SilentSurfer 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Is he claiming these as his own? That'd be really incredulous, considering how small the community and 1/6 world really is.
Maybe he didn't intend to take credit for these, but he doesn't credit any of the original posters either..
On some of the posts he writes that they'e [foreign 1/6 collector] but then again those are posted everywhere by the authors anyway. [Lol no offense you guys]

The owner/picture taker and sharer for the first link is MGBB.
He uses that name here as well as on the OSCF. It stands to reason that if he did post at the OSM, itd be MGBB and not crave.
I have no reason to doubt its Mgbb who owns the first link, since hes a swell guy, and he got that cool case from the show that is in the pictures, and well, hes in Japan, I think. :p
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83439

The other three links are done by three different people, and may have been posted on the OSW as well.

Found this one on search, haven't had luck on the keywords for the other two.

SAS Jeep 1944 by Vandalus
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81683&highlight=sas+jeep+1944

Man and Animal Fighting, Hungary, 1944 by Oscar Hertin, also an Accionunoseis member.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82627&highlight=sick

#10 ·
The owner/picture taker and sharer for the first link is MGBB.
He uses that name here as well as on the OSCF. It stands to reason that if he did post at the OSM, itd be MGBB and not crave.
I have no reason to doubt its Mgbb who owns the first link, since hes a swell guy, and he got that cool case from the show that is in the pictures, and well, hes in Japan, I think. :p
Saiko, thanks! hahaha, you know me very well. Yes, I own those pics. It's ok for others to re-post my pics as long as they quote me. I think the person in OSM did. I'm cool.
I got someone who mailed me to get my permission before reposting my pics. So far I have not turned down any request. I think this is good "web manner".

#7 ·
This is why people tag their pictures. Before I started tagging my pix, I had someone use one of my pictures to sell their own figure. When I confronted them about it they said they thought the pictures were company promo pix. Please, my pictures arn't that good. Some people are just that lazy.

Paul

#8 ·
I learned LONG ago it's not worth the hassle of being dishonest by posting photos NOT my own w/o giving credit to the site/member who posted/owns them. While photos online are a bit tricky in terms of "ownership," (as many photos can be slightly doctored, renamed and considered "new"), the best way to post someone else's photos is to give them credit as it's really not that hard...

See HERE for a way Figures.com gives proper credit AND promotes OSW and OSM's exhibit.

#11 ·
mgbb might have gotten some site hits because of me :D i posted the link to his site/gallery in another forum but not just the pics themselves. So i didnt take credit. Hope that was alright ;)

#12 ·
Hi MGBB and plasticdude. Im from OSM forum in Malaysia. Well i will contact SOHO on these pics. I knew him personally as a friend and he is a great guy. Usually he gets these pics from OSW into OSM forum as OSW have lots of info which we can discuss on. Esp great works from our fellow members here in OSW. I think he doesnt even know who owns these pics and jsut grab them from OSW. I will let him know soonest just to get things clear ya?

#13 ·
Thanks. Just to carrify, i'm not trying to stir up anything here. i just like to find out who are the actual bashers. Members from this forum or not because i have seen some of the works here and they seemed to be originally from here. Why not have a link in your forum so taht your forum members can also discuss here in OSW? Surelly they know about OSW and there's no need to grab pics and post them in your forum.

#17 ·
Oh, I didn't know that. Can you point me to some links please?
I do post to other forums but always use "mgbb" as the web name.

To OSM members: I do think no one is re-posting others' pics for any evil reason. I understand this is pretty much intended to share and to promote this hobby which I am supportive. The bottom line is the maker and the original link of source are quoted. It will be the best if the maker/owner is informed about the re-post (leave a message in the thread, drop a PM, whatever). As a person who values other people's comments to my work, I really want to know how others think and I can either get encouragement or learn from constructive comments. To be honest, I feel honored if my work is reposted. So please feel free to. May everyone enjoy our 1/6 life!

#20 ·
Agreed, proper credit is respectful, but if I'm not trying to make any money off any of my pics, I personally don't think I'd mind seeing my pics somewhere else, credit or not. If I put them up here, I intend for as many people as possible to see them, especially my customs. It would be nice to get credit on a totally different site, but I think I would still be more proud than frustrated to see my pics somewhere else. If anybody really wants to know who did a certain custom, they'll find out, and I'll be thrilled that somebody thought it was good enough to circulate. I don't mind a lack of credit nearly as much as I'd be pissed if somebody actually claimed my work as their own. If somebody uses pics I took at a show, whatever. I got my joy out of the pics and posted them for the good of the community wherever they are.

That's just me, but I totally understand the theme of this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.