One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
IMOK
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all! Here is the finished diorama with the M4 custom! It wasn't the best photo shoot because of time constraints. I will try to capture different poses and show all custom gear and painting some time soon. Enjoy and please leave feedback and comments.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Re: DAMTOYS Sopmod M4 Multicam Custom

Great work. Did you use a stencil?

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts

Excellent paint job BS! Now just give her an oil paint wash to darken it and tie the colours together a little more, followed by a light drybrush to make some of those details really pop.

·
IMOK
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Great work. Did you use a stencil?
Thanks! I did the undercoat with an airbrush and the top coat with a paintbrush. No stencils though.
Excellent paint job BS! Now just give her an oil paint wash to darken it and tie the colours together a little more, followed by a light drybrush to make some of those details really pop.
Great advice man. I also agree that it needs a unifying coat. I didn't think to dark wash it but that is an awesome idea! Thanks.
Looks awesome! I too am curious how you went about replicating the pattern. Very convincing.
I just went about it by eye. By inspecting the multicam pattern very closely. I had to paint the details by hand. I wasn't sure I would get it very close but after I placed it on the figure, the camo melted right in to the vest... success! Part of it is that I recently purchased an airbrush and that helped too.
Thanks for the comment.

G

·

You're a great artist, BrokenSage. It looks spot on. The scale of the pattern looks perfect. Well done.

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts

It looks flawless! I love it!

·
i'm a lover not a fighter
3,141 Posts

this is fantastic craftsmanship - you could always dust it with a 'region-specific' dirt colored pastel and hit it with dullcote - this works a treat for harmonizing by way of acting as a filter.

looks top-notch as-is though :)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

That's a sharp bit of paint work. Very good patterning.

·
1/6 Procrastinator
913 Posts

Cool! What colors did you use? I've been trying to get a camo pattern I can use on my MR-C to make it look like the game model

·
Memento Mori
1,151 Posts

Awesome job, neat and perfect!

I did myself a multicam paintjob but I wish my work was great like you, you nailed it.

For me it's completed, you don't need any improvement. Maybe it's the pic, but I like how the camo works, melting with the vest.

It's an Aussie SASR project you get there?

PS: I think it's a MK18 MOD 1, not an M4, :p ;).
PPS: Happy New Year!

·
IMOK
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks everybody! I will look at the colors tonight and get back to those of you that are curious. I believe I used a total of six or seven colors. Most of them were TAMIYA paints with the exclusion of a creatix green airbrush paint. I'm pretty sure the rifle is an M4, but I'm not the expert here. The finished product will be used with my army special forces guy I'm bashing. I'm looking for some canted sights for this rifle. If you have one to sell please let me know.

Thanks again all!

·
Watching
894 Posts

I really like that rifle, one of my favourites of recent times. I wish mine was painted like yours though, wow.

·
Memento Mori
1,151 Posts

Thanks everybody! I will look at the colors tonight and get back to those of you that are curious. I believe I used a total of six or seven colors. Most of them were TAMIYA paints with the exclusion of a creatix green airbrush paint. I'm pretty sure the rifle is an M4, but I'm not the expert here. The finished product will be used with my army special forces guy I'm bashing. I'm looking for some canted sights for this rifle. If you have one to sell please let me know.

Thanks again all!
I was sure MARSOC use mk18, and when I sarched and bought this one it said: "mk18" but I checked and the official DAMTOYS word is M4 sopmod with 12" RIS and MARSOC use them, so I was wrong. :)

For the canted sight I only have one that come with the Preacher Cal-Tek rifle :(. I know General Sam had some canted ironsights, dunno if still available, check his thread ;)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts