One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn´t post them here so far, but I think you might like them. If I had the chance to pick up some actors for a Musketeer Movie, I would take the following men.

IMG_6369 by petemit, auf Flickr

"The Rock" has a taller Coo Model Body, the others have a normal DiD body. Clothes and equipment are from ignite.

Gary Oldman as "Athos"
IMG_6372 by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_6361 by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_6373 by petemit, auf Flickr

"Aramis"...played by Brad Pitt
IMG_6365 by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_6363 by petemit, auf Flickr

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as "Porthos".
IMG_6366 by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_6368 by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_6359 by petemit, auf Flickr

Luke Evans, again in a Musketeer movie, but this time as D'artagnan.
IMG_6376 by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_6377 by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_6370 by petemit, auf Flickr

·
Registered
254 Posts
So this Ignite company makes clothes for the BignTall section? I kinda thought 1/6 clothes was a one size fit all kinda thing?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, Ignite is one of the manufacturers we sadly miss these days. They made many extraordinary figures and had several historic figures no other ever made. They don´t exist anymore, like 21st Century Toys, Twisting Toyz and so on, very cool niches, but in some way too extraordinary to sell any masses. The clothes will not fit big/fat bodies, but in this case they were good for the taller body.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Nice choices, and they look good — especially like Oldman as Athos. I would kill to get versions of the Musketeers from the 70s movies with Micheal York, Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain and Frank Finley.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am intrigued, petemit, as to which Ignite figures you used for these customs. Your musketeers seem to wear different configurations of the same basic outfit, so maybe you actually used several instances of the same Ignite figure? That would mean that you repainted Athos's sword gray? (or all the others' brass?)
Thanks,
m.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I concur with petemit: Ignite was indeed cool, and I wish they were still around (that Spanish Musketeer still is unique).
But who were Twisting Toys and what did they do that was so great?
m.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your comments :)

I am intrigued, petemit, as to which Ignite figures you used for these customs. Your musketeers seem to wear different configurations of the same basic outfit, so maybe you actually used several instances of the same Ignite figure? That would mean that you repainted Athos's sword gray? (or all the others' brass?)
Thanks,
m.
The basic figure was the "French Guardsman" from Ignite. french guardsman ignite 1/6 - Google Search

I repainted the "Rapier" Sword of Athos in silver and removed the sleeves of the jacket from Porhos. Aramis and Porthos wear the original boots, Athos has the original socks, but I gave him other shoes and the white band under the trouser.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I concur with petemit: Ignite was indeed cool, and I wish they were still around (that Spanish Musketeer still is unique).
But who were Twisting Toys and what did they do that was so great?
m.
Twisting Toyz was an italian manufacturer, one guy of them (Fabio Varesi) has given us "Kaustic Plastik" as a new manufacturer. Twisting Toyz mostly had italian WW2 soldiers, but some nice niche products as the "Pontifical Swiss Guard Elmar" for example swiss guard twisting toyz - Google Search

They made a very famous italian WW1 Carabinieri as well italian carabinieri twisting toyz - Google Search

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
So how did you find that out? Did you just in earlier days buy what you liked...amassing all kinds of clothes and bodies and playing around? Because to me (and boy do I know it) it’s not only expensive to do that, but it’s frustrating. All the different bodies out there, how does one know what clothes are going to fit those newer bodies? I would like to have big and tall, fat, muscular, and thinner bodies (all kinds of diversity), but then the clothes are not gonna fit. I am truly inspired when I see guys like you who break through these common challenges.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So how did you find that out? Did you just in earlier days buy what you liked...amassing all kinds of clothes and bodies and playing around? Because to me (and boy do I know it) it's not only expensive to do that, but it's frustrating. All the different bodies out there, how does one know what clothes are going to fit those newer bodies? I would like to have big and tall, fat, muscular, and thinner bodies (all kinds of diversity), but then the clothes are not gonna fit. I am truly inspired when I see guys like you who break through these common challenges.
Thank you Unifetish,

I´m collecting 12" / 1/6 figures for nearly 20 years now and in that time I collected many things. But at least my collection always contained the napoleonic era, the US Civil War and ancient figures. There are some modern and WW2 figures, but most of my collection is about the 18th and 19th century. And yes, from time to time I just bought two, three or four figures at once when I liked them, or just their uniforms and equipment and I kept that, waiting in a shelf just for a moment when a manufacturer brought out something new and that could match the old stuff and bring it all together for a nice figure bash. Just like here with the musketeers. But...I startet collecting when a figure was about 30 or 40 dollars, nowadays I normally don´t buy a whole squad of figures at once ;) :D

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
Yes, it’s so pricey to get the really good stuff these days. Crazy. It seems there is no stopping of skyward prices either. I would like to change all the heads on my figures for the most realistic ones currently out there and I freak at $30 to $ 45 for just a head. The heads disappear after a while and they never come up at a lower price. This is all about limited editions and whatever collectors are willing to pay.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, that´s right and I have the same problem, or I think, everyone of us has it. We would like to improve older figures with a new head, but that´s expensive. Therefore I like the DiD heads, not too pricey and with the actual DiD bodies you can change the heads quick and easy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts