One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hiding behind the net.
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the movie Hotel Rwanda, i cant get a similar vest ,and i seriously doubt M4s used then.
Hope you guys can correct my errors, i would try to rectify them (as long as i have the Godly Vitamin M!)

I tried bleaching another vest from BBI but the colours just don't fade, had to do with this thin vest (forgot who it's from), sprayed it blue, along with the beret and helmet, DIYed some badges and the the 'UN' Words on the helmet

Have not touched this for many months, despite telling myself it needs improvements...

Without further ado, Happy New Year by the way...

Contructive criticisms must requested.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I'm not sure what the Canadian Army was using at the time, but an M16A2 or maybe an L1A1 SLR or FN FAL would work better. A bit of google-ing yielded that the Canadian FAL was the C1A1, produced under license in Canada.

It's been awhile since I've last seen this movie or "Sometimes in April," another movie about the conflict. The vest you're using looks like a PASGT vest, not sure of the maker. Nice peacekeeper, I really like that rabbit too :p

After some fruitless googling, this is the only semi-good reference I could find, though it may be from the 80s or around that decade. It shows him in OD fatigues that I think were the uniform for the Canadian Forces back before they developed CADPAT; and I can only guess at what gear he would be using, but it'd probably be Alice gear like the us LC-2 equipment...?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Not bad,its been awhile since I seen this movie too.That's the whole fun of this hobby,you can do anything!!!Cool bash!!!

·
Hua!
157 Posts
Everything in that picture is pretty accurate. The webbing would have been 82 pattern which is similar to the vietnam style webbing used by US forces. The rifle at that time would be a C7 which is the M16 equivalent.

·
Hiding behind the net.
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to get a screengrab of that scene :)
Hopefully it's possible

This probably sounds like a joke, i don't have any M16s anymore :chainsaw

·
Hiding behind the net.
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Here are some screengrabs i just got that might be of some use :)

In that case the movie isn't very accurate i suppose.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Actually I don't think I've watched this movie after seeing these screen grabs, so I think I was working with the impression of a Canadian peacekeeper from the other film. I think in this film there are some Peacekeepers wearing the blue flak and helmet, but with green cammies. Not sure if they were Canadians or another nation's.

Hmm.. maybe you could use the body armour from the DML British figure Aaron. It was similar in cut I think, and had the little pouch for the ballistic plate over the heart as well. Anyway, have fun!

·
My friends call me Ray
7,840 Posts
That's a unique bash, great work! The vest paint job was done very well. That looks like blue is the original color.

BTW, I'm interested in the "Temple Street" plate. That makes a good street dio.

·
Hiding behind the net.
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ray, that Temple Street magnet is bought from Hong Kong, basically obtainable almost anywhere. I'm a huge fan for TVB serials and at one point of time there were many shows on Temple Street. So i knew i had to get one of those magnets when i saw it.

That's sky blue , tamiya spray, it's meant for polycarbonate (plastic), so it's very flexible, wouldn't crack, i've changed the gun to a MP5 for now, till i source for a m16 :D

Happy New Year anyway!
It's 01012008!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts