One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1/6 saddles
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Here is my representation of General Grants horse Cincinnati and his Grimlsey saddle, probably around 1864. Its not a real fancy rig because Grant wasn't a flashy officer.
The horse is by Luis Aguilar, the beautiful embroidered eagles and stars by Dave Tedesco(Patch Hut), the rest is mine. The Grimsley saddle has real brass tubing cut and bent to fit the arches. The seat is embroidered, the holsters brass cap is a 22 caliber casing. The trim is painted with gold acrylic paint and stitched in place. Thanks for looking.
Cesar

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
That is a beautiful saddle. Might I make a suggestion, the saddle need s to be closer to the withers and the cinch should be closer to the front legs.
I used to ride and now I make 1/9 scale saddles ,so just my 2 cents.
Either way, it is one awesome set.

·
1/6 saddles
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a beautiful saddle. Might I make a suggestion, the saddle need s to be closer to the withers and the cinch should be closer to the front legs.
I used to ride and now I make 1/9 scale saddles ,so just my 2 cents.
Either way, it is one awesome set.
Thank you for your nice compliments and Thanks for your 2 cents. I happen to agree with you. These are the customers photos, not mine. He just didn't totally adjust it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.