One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep: I FINALLY got my hands on one! Been wanting one of these beauties for years, but didn't think I'd ever chase one down. All I can say is I was not disappointed. Had to do a little minor touch up here and there due to age (nothing too major, but it did remind me that these things have been around for quite awhile now.)

Used the Sideshow Toys "prometheus" body for height (this suit was made to fit classic G.I. Joe), and a DiD headsculpt for a nice realistic look. Then just set up my lights and had some fun taking these pics...

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
I'm not going to comment about the Twinch Squad run by con artist Jose Luis Ayuso so
I'll just leave it alone for now. That said, the Clavius Moonbase EVA Suit was part of the package
of three suits I ordered from Twinch Squad back in 2001 for which I paid over $500 and never
had the satisfaction of receiving the merchandise.

Had all 3 suits been delivered, it would've been a part of my centerpiece collection.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
There is a silver one and a yellow on on Ebay right now...$2,500 each.

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
I remember that some years ago, Executive Replicas showed a prototype of a 2001 Keir Dullea figure, and had dressed it in one of the Twinch Squad suits; a lot of people were upset that ER didn't develop a suit of their own for the figure.

David

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the comments, guys! Yeah, I know there's always going to be ill feeling out there directed towards Twinch Squad for the way things were mishandled regarding these suits, and it only makes it more regrettable when you see how well these were made. The METAL interlocking connectors on the boots, gloves and helment, the metal detailing throughout, the actual tailoring of the suit itself... it's all very, very well done.
When this crossed my path, I almost couldn't believe it.... but took a chance and nabbed this one. I'd love to get the red suit someday, somehow....

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
They weathered time well, I remember when the movie came out, thinking the suits looked credible. Your long wait brought a small bit of good out of what sounds like a dark moment in the hobby.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Wow, I remember these suits well, back in the day they were considered real works of art and people balked at how much they were (I think $200-$300 or so) and that nobody would ever pay that much for a outfit....how times have changed...but those suits are still masterpieces. There was a guy who built the space pods too and did a magnificent job. This would be a cool license for Sideshow or Hot Toys to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello there,

I'm new to this forum and a former prop builder that worked principally in Vancouver BC. Now retired (well, mostly anyway) I'm starting to re-engage in my past passions, one of which is the movie 2001: a space odyssey. I suspect it may be one of yours also.

I have recently taken delivery of a 6th scale Clavius Space Suit like the one depicted in a past post of yours. The head sculpt you produced is truly marvellous, and really properly completes the suit display.

My skill set does not include your terrific sculpting ability, and I was hoping you might consider a commission to produce another Floyd head for me?

In any case, thanks for your consideration and kudos on your work!

Best wishes,

Richard

Ps. I truly hope I have not violated the forum rules in making such a request. I did make some effort to determine if this was appropriate. If I've errored, please accept my apologies to you and the other forum members.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts