One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I was wondering how you made the square shingle thingies on the left side of the wall here that are breaking off. Great tutorial!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee82/penguinsknees/P1000745.jpg?t=1283495603
Cardboard! Some cardboard boxes have a side that's white and glossy. I just drew a bunch of squares on some white cardboard and cut them out and stuck them to the wall while the flexall was still wet. Then they dried to the wall. After they were on, I drybrushed some brown for dirt effect, etc.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cardboard! Some cardboard boxes have a side that's white and glossy. I just drew a bunch of squares on some white cardboard and cut them out and stuck them to the wall while the flexall was still wet. Then they dried to the wall. After they were on, I drybrushed some brown for dirt effect, etc.
Very cool. :) Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
very cool tutorial! I've been saving foam like that from work on and off for a couple of years but never got around to using them yet. I like the tip with the spray cement..I did not even know that was made!! I've used the drywall filler/spackle on a couple of dio's I gave to people but your tips will help me add a fine touch and I can't wait to try them out. And lastly, what colors are you using from what brands? And are you using an airbrush? The colors look great!

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
very cool tutorial! I've been saving foam like that from work on and off for a couple of years but never got around to using them yet. I like the tip with the spray cement..I did not even know that was made!! I've used the drywall filler/spackle on a couple of dio's I gave to people but your tips will help me add a fine touch and I can't wait to try them out. And lastly, what colors are you using from what brands? And are you using an airbrush? The colors look great!
Thanks for the compliments! All the colors I used are acrylics. I get all my paints from Michaels, although any crafts store will have them. I buy whatever is on sale. "desert tan" "mocha" grey, light grey, mixed with some black, etc. I tend to add a lot of water when I paint thos walls. It makes the paint go further and last longer.

·
Animal Psychologist
861 Posts
excellent stuff. most excellent!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks so much for this excellent tutorial. So useful.

Shortcut added too!

The dio with the broken tiles and floorboards - love it!!

41 - 60 of 78 Posts