One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
This looks like a fun way to spend some time on the hobby. Thanks for sharing your method.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Great stuff Doug. Good tips in here.
The paintwork looks great for not being a "painting ninja" :)
What do you use as a backdrop/ photobox thingy to take your photos in? i need a new setup and yours looks cool.

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Great stuff Doug. Good tips in here.
The paintwork looks great for not being a "painting ninja" :)
What do you use as a backdrop/ photobox thingy to take your photos in? i need a new setup and yours looks cool.
Thanks, buddy. The light tent I use I got from Amazon. I think the brand name is Giottos. It folds up into a carrying case for easy storage. I think you can get an idea of it's size by looking at the last picture. I had to keep the top open for the last picture (it normally can be velcroed closed) because the dio was so large.

I use three lights: 2 halogen work lights that I got from Home Depot cheap (like 8 bucks each) and a third desk lamp that I place on top.

The rest is just photobucket brightness and contrast...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks, buddy. The light tent I use I got from Amazon. I think the brand name is Giottos. It folds up into a carrying case for easy storage. I think you can get an idea of it's size by looking at the last picture. I had to keep the top open for the last picture (it normally can be velcroed closed) because the dio was so large.

I use three lights: 2 halogen work lights that I got from Home Depot cheap (like 8 bucks each) and a third desk lamp that I place on top.

The rest is just photobucket brightness and contrast...
awesome. i'll check that out. thanks man. the bed sheet and foam board box i've been using isnt really cutting it anymore.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Great tutorial Doug and very nice work. I've got to get some materials and try this out. I just recently started making single figure bases using cheap picture frames. Those turned out much better than I expected. Now I would like to try something a bit more complicated.

·
Urr.
622 Posts
Fantastic tutorial - I thought it was so useful that I created a short cut to it on my desk top.

·
Striving for Originality
1,017 Posts
Wonderful tutorial!! Thank you very much!!

Once I get materials, I'll have to give it a go!

:thumb

·
Registered
878 Posts
I Just want to Thank Zebraten again for this fantastic Tutorial. I bought some Flexall yesterday and made this small Dio as an experiment. I have always wanted to make something like these for my figures and now thanks to Zebraten I can. Thanks again!
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I Just want to Thank Zebraten again for this fantastic Tutorial. I bought some Flexall yesterday and made this small Dio as an experiment. I have always wanted to make something like these for my figures and now thanks to Zebraten I can. Thanks again!
Hey, that's great! Your dio turned out wonderfully! I'm glad that I could help.

·
Premium Member
6,423 Posts
I gotta give it a try. Thanks for this! :D :thumb :thumb

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Awesome info! I do custom dios for my clients all the time. I like your
approach because of weight. How durable is foam? I often have to ship these.

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ive sent several in the mail, so far with no problem. I think as long as it's packed securely, you should have no problem. When the filler dries, it really makes it sturdy.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts