One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting a DML Neo 3 body for my Jimmy Argus figure (NIIIIIICE!) I used his old classic Adam body (plus a stripped head I'll paint later) for one of my pilot figures, displacing an old SS body in the process.

I never really cared much for those bodies, though they were my first double jointed figures...they always looked like they had shrugged shoulders with those tiny TUS/Joe heads. The proportions just weren't right.

The biggest problem with them was their legs. They were just plain too long, and even with TUS clothes, the pants were so short they wouldn't blouse right with the boots.

A while back, I'd modified a DML head so it would work with an old BBi neck...didn't work out so well, so I set it aside. Tried it on the SS body and what do you know, it fit perfectly! The larger head was MUCH better in proportion. Unfortunately, that left the legs.

Here's where I got brave. Knowing I wouldn't be losing much, I took the legs apart (note for the future, heat first, then start prying!) I chopped a full half inch off each calf at the ankle, then dremeled out a shape like the original foot socket.

Once I got everything back together, the proportions were spot on perfect! At the moment, I've got him in some old TUS woodlands, but I'll come up with something better later on.

Some other notes: I used cotton balls and electrical tape way back when to fill the huge gap between his waist and legs...this body happens to be the first one of its type I ever got, purchased from Atlantic Toys (might even be my first 1:6 figure after my old "Nosepicker" Joe from the early 70s)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Sounds like a cool mod. My biggest beef with those bodies is the legs, too. They seem like they just don't want to straighten all the way out. At least the ones I have. Have been thinking of taking a dremel to the back of the kneecaps to see if that will work but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Those TUS bodies are great for conversions...real tough and they can take the abuse. Here's a shot of a Kamen Rider Shocker figure from a couple years back...you've never seen so much hacking/gluing/epoxying/etc,etc. in your whole life...lol! I honestly don't think another body type could've withstood all the abuse this TUS nude went through...tough little guys!

·
Runs with Scissors
4,605 Posts
Those TUS bodies are great for conversions...real tough and they can take the abuse. Here's a shot of a Kamen Rider Shocker figure from a couple years back...you've never seen so much hacking/gluing/epoxying/etc,etc. in your whole life...lol! I honestly don't think another body type could've withstood all the abuse this TUS nude went through...tough little guys!
the supersoldier bodies are are one of my favorite designs for those very same reasons...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts