One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm back again with yet another custom gun: an M4 with a Troy/Viking Tactics VTAC Alpha handguard. I teased this one a while back and since then have made a couple of unsuccessful attempts to recreate the ribbing on the handguard. While I'll admit the the ribbing that I have produced is somewhat over-scale, I am kinda happy with the way she looks nonetheless.

Here is my inspiration ...

And here is an early progress pic...

As always, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, and/or constructive criticism are welcomed.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazing work sir!
Cheers Voodoo! :thanks

Looks great! You're on a roll lately.
Thanks Ryan! :thanks

I got a little more work done on her this morning and can now call her FINISHED. Compare her to the first pic in this thread - I personally think that it is a pretty close match ... what do you think? I'll admit that the colours are a little more yellow than the inspiration pic above, but this build has also served as something of a test piece for some new colour schemes that I am hoping to reproduce in some upcoming commissions. Either way, I'm pretty happy with it.

As always, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, and/or constructive criticism are welcomed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
nice turkeyshot you make some of the best customized 1/6 weapons I've ever seen I wish I had your skills I've been meaning to customize some weapons myself like the dragon m4 that came with the marine lrrp figure do you have any tips on how to get rid of that full stock and put a collapsible on it

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great! :thumb
Cheers EPT! :thanks

Sweet :thumb
Thanks cdn_rhino! :thanks

That looks awesome.
Thanks Luke! I hope you like the colour, mate - this is what I have in mind for your next commissions.

nice turkeyshot you make some of the best customized 1/6 weapons I've ever seen I wish I had your skills I've been meaning to customize some weapons myself like the dragon m4 that came with the marine lrrp figure do you have any tips on how to get rid of that full stock and put a collapsible on it
Thank you very much for the kind words dannyc! I would recommend that if you want to try your hand, have at it - that is how I got started. Practice makes perfect as they say.

I do not think that I am familiar with that particular rifle and have little experience working with DML weapons, but I do not expect that it will be too different from working with any other brand. Without trying to sound facetious, I would suggest that you just lop off the full stock and glue a collapsible one on it (although you should use some sort of a pin to strengthen the joint).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cheers EPT! :thanks

Thanks cdn_rhino! :thanks

Thanks Luke! I hope you like the colour, mate - this is what I have in mind for your next commissions.

Thank you very much for the kind words dannyc! I would recommend that if you want to try your hand, have at it - that is how I got started. Practice makes perfect as they say.

I do not think that I am familiar with that particular rifle and have little experience working with DML weapons, but I do not expect that it will be too different from working with any other brand. Without trying to sound facetious, I would suggest that you just lop off the full stock and glue a collapsible one on it (although you should use some sort of a pin to strengthen the joint).
thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts