One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I am back again to show off my latest custom rifle: the SIG Sauer SIG-551 SWAT with a Surefire M500 handguard. I have had this one planned for some time now, and finally found some time yesterday to build her. I had initially planned to give her a GL-5140 40mm grenade launcher as well, but decided against it in the end.

The base rifle for this build is the Intoyz SIG-551, while the M500 was cannibalised from the Art Figures SWAT M4. Construction was rather straightforward: First I replaced the scope with a picatinny rail in order to give her an Eotech. Next, I discarded the crappy little mags and modded the one shown from a G36 mag. If you look closely (particularly in the 1st pic), you will see that I have even added the spring to the mag. The bulk of the work, however, was on adding the M500 to the handguard. After removing the light from the M4, it was shaved down to fit the SIG and glued into place. The light/laser combo seen on the LHS was also removed from the M4 and added to the SIG. Meanwhile, the switches on both sides of the handguard were scratch-built from strips of styrene. With all of that done, I gave her a lick of paint, opting for the green to help her stand out a little from all of the black rifles I have in my collection. I still need to give her a little light weathering, but otherwise, she is pretty much done.

Intoyz SIG-551

Art Figures SWAT M4

As always, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, and constructive criticisms are welcomed.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Re: Turkeyshot's custom guns: SIG Sauer SIG-551 SWAT with M500 handguard (WIP)

Great work as always mate :thumb

Excellent choice on the green, by the way.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang Intoyz, haven't heard that name for a long time. Very, very sweet rework of the classic piece. Nice touch on the mag btw. Love it.
:thanks Thanks gaiagear! I have always loved the look of the various SIG rifles, and the Intoyz version has been the best 551 made to date.

Very cool. Looks like a SWAT rifle I have seen.

I love those old Intoyz Sig rifles. Medicom made a nice one too.
:thanks Cheers cdn_rhino! I am glad to hear that I hit the mark.

Great work as always mate :thumb

Excellent choice on the green, by the way.
:thanks Thanks Brian! The shade of green that I have used is a little off, but it is all I had on hand at the time, but I think it still looks OK.

·
AK fanatic
885 Posts
Funny, I was just about to paint my Intoyz SIG green as well. Great job!

·
1/6 Procrastinator
913 Posts
Excellent work! I never really liked the look of SIG green, but the craftsmanship behind the weapon itself is phenomenal

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to bad..... Not bad at all.
:thanks Thanks Uswin!

Sweet rifle!
:thanks Thanks uramegak!

Funny, I was just about to paint my Intoyz SIG green as well. Great job!
:thanks Cheers Daewon_ton! Don't let this stop you mate, have at it.

Excelent work!
:thanks Thanks Viper!

Excellent work! I never really liked the look of SIG green, but the craftsmanship behind the weapon itself is phenomenal
:thanks Thanks Tangero! To be honest, I am in that boat with you. I have always preferred the look of the black furniture on the SIGs. Although I already have a SIG-553 and SIG-556 in the collection - both in black, and so decided to go with the green for the sake of a little diversity.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice :thumb
:thanks Cheers Ryan!

And now it is time for a family portrait ... here is the SIG-551 with her 2 siblings: SIG-556 (top) and SIG-553 (bottom). All three have received quite a lot of customisation. I may get around to revisiting the SIG-553: she was one of my first ever custom jobs and there are a few things that I would like to fix on her ... but more on that another day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts