One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Here is a preview of my latest commissioned custom weapon. This time around it is a Remington M870 shotgun as seen in the Medal of Honour (2010) computer game. At present it is being held together with Blutack, requires much further work and is still very much a WIP.

I'll post more photos as she develops.

Early stages WIP

Meanwhile, here is the look that we are going for:

MoH (2010) M870

As always, your questions/comments/suggestions/critiques are welcomed.

·
Watching
894 Posts
Re: Turkeyshot Arms custom guns: Remington M870 tactical shotgun WIP (from MoH 2

I like this one, it's sexy!

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Turkeyshot Arms custom guns: Remington M870 tactical shotgun WIP (from MoH 2

I like this one, it's sexy!
Thanks Warden! It IS sexy!

Awesome! I really like your shotgun mods!
Cheers Eric ... I have a few more personal shotgun projects on the drawing board as well. This one, however, is a commission piece being built for NamecaF.

Looking good Jason :thumb
Thanks Brian! I am glad that you like her so far, mate. I still have quite a bit more work to do on her before I can ship her off to you.

looks like its on track ! whats that hook thing on the pump action in the game render.
Thanks Sam. The "hook thing" is an Ergo SureStop. I still need to build one of these. The WIP photo shows her with a LaRue hand stop which came mounted on the Caltek Costa OBR. This will not be displayed on the finished gun; it is just here for reference at the moment. I might, however, mount it on my own tactical M870 (see thread HERE).

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Here's a little more progress on the MoH M870. ... Since my last post, I have finished shaping the buffer tube adaptor, have been glued all of the parts together, and have painted in the basic colours. I am now waiting for the side saddle shell holder and some long rail sections to arrive so I can add the final details. As per the customers request, these will be fully compatible with SS optics and accessories. Meanwhile, I am also working on scratch-building the Ergo SureStop (not shown). When this is all done, I will give her an oil paint wash and a light drybrush to add a little more definition and help bring out some of the details.

As always fellas, your comments, questions, suggestions, and constructive criticism is welcomed.

·
Registered
671 Posts

Absolutely fantastic work mate. She's really coming up nicely :thumb

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts

So awesome!

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts

Looking GREAT Turkey!!!

·
WHAT?!! No cupcakes?!
526 Posts

Looking really good!

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Absolutely fantastic work mate. She's really coming up nicely :thumb
So awesome!
Great progress!
Looking GREAT Turkey!!!
Looking really good!
:thanks Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

The metallic black paint that I have sprayed it with has really improved the appearance of the 'metal' parts. This is a huge improvement over the original flat black plastic; it actually looks like metal now. Meanwhile, all of the furniture (stock, grip, rail covers) will darken somewhat after I give them a wash of oil paint.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hey guys and gals, I'm back again with a little more progress on the Remington. This time around you can see that I have added the upper rail and the Ergo Surestop. At first I wasn't so sure how I was going to go about making this, but I am pretty happy with how she has worked out. Next up I will give it an oil paint wash to add some definition to the synthetic furniture, followed by a light drybrush to make all of the details pop. I'll post some more pics when I have further progress to share.

As always, your comments, questions, suggestions, and constructive criticism is welcomed.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,075 Posts

Nice mods.

Which shotgun did you use? I haven't seen one with the Remington branding etched into the frame like that.

That grip can be used as a forward grip on the pump handle, or as a guard to keep your hands from getting in front of the muzzle on the short barreled shotgun.

A lot of short barreled weapons have those so the weapon operator doesn't accidentally blow his fingers off when firing the weapon.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts

Looking sharp :thumb

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Looks great!
Thanks Ryan, this has been a fun little project.

Nice mods.

Which shotgun did you use? I haven't seen one with the Remington branding etched into the frame like that.
Thanks CR! I used one of the Art Figures short barreled M870s as a base model. They used a very interesting method of building this little gun, making it quite easy to modify, although the great markings on the side of the receiver wont be visible when finished as a side-saddle will cover them. This gun has been released with a number of their figures. They also released one with a 14 inch barrel with their Zombie Killer figure in a chromed finish.

oh sweet !
Cheers Sam, I'm glad you like it, mate

Looking sharp :thumb
Thanks Mike.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts