One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Having recently put a couple of heavily-involved commission pieces to bed, I have had a little time to work on a few personal projects.

Today I present you with the Noveske NSR M4 with a 16 inch custom barrel. which ironically closely resembles the NSR rifle which comes with the forthcoming E&S PMC Urban Ops Assaulter. This is ironic inasmuch as I have had this build in the pipeline for a while now and was surprised that the guys over at E&S shared their similar vision.

Built around a SS M4A1 v3 rifle, this build features a 3D printed NSR rail beautifully recreated by OSW's own Delusional. Top of the class on this one, Mark. You have done a great job on this rail, mate! This has been teamed up with a 3D printed 16 inch M4 barrel and a Magpul RVG grip - both also courtesy of Delusional. I wasn't overly happy with the detail replicated in the flash hider on the end of the 3D printed barrel, so I switched this out for one pilfered from the spare parts box. The result is far more convincing, to my eye at least. With everything assembled, out came the paints and weathering tools, and the rest, as they say is history.

I am very pleased with the way that this piece has turned out. Though I have had limited experience with it to date, I have been enjoying working with 3D printed parts, brought to us courtesy of Mark and a few other select individuals. Needless to say that I have been enjoying the experience. 3D printing is producing a level of detail and intricacy that I simply cannot match making it by hand from scratch.

On with the pics...

As always, your feedback/comments/suggestions are welcomed.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
The stock is very interesting. Is it based on a real style ? I love weapons, but I'm not knowledgable. Very nice !

·
GI Joe Fan
479 Posts
The stock is very interesting. Is it based on a real style ? I love weapons, but I'm not knowledgable. Very nice !
Stock is a Magpul UBR. I have one on my weapon, and they are superb! I've beat mine on concrete floors and walls from different angles, and I've had no issues with bent buffer tubes like you would find on an issue M-4 or M-16 stock. I also love the cheek weld, because it's much more consistent and comfortable than an issue stock.

Sorry to get a little off-topic...

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Awesome piece bro, you beat me to the punch, have a similar build, but in a lighter configuration in the pipeline.

Reason the URX 4 on the ES built looks so much like the NSR (besides the keymods) is because the URX 4 is just a wee bit thinner than it should be.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rifle that comes with the ES PMC set is an AR with URX4 rail, not an NSR, but still nice build you got going there
:thanks Cheers Sam! Thanks for the info.

Beautiful piece of work there. Thanks for the kudos. I've got some more stuff in the pipe.
:thanks Thank you Mark! The kudos are well deserved, my friend. BTW, I have a few ideas for some parts that I might be interested in having printed. I'll be in touch with you shortly about these new ideas.

:thanks Thanks for the kind words Pontiacivan!

I really need to get into this 3d business of building.

Turkey! Another fine build brother.
:thanks Thanks Uswin! I appreciate your support, mate. 3D printing is a real game changer. Get your hands on some of the work being produced by fellow OSWers and there will be no turning back.

Awesome piece bro, you beat me to the punch, have a similar build, but in a lighter configuration in the pipeline.

Reason the URX 4 on the ES built looks so much like the NSR (besides the keymods) is because the URX 4 is just a wee bit thinner than it should be.
:thanks Thanks George! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, brother.

You are getting too good at this. :thumb
:thanks Cheers CDN_Rhino! I am sure that I still have plenty of room to improve and a lot more to learn.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At the specific request of General Sam, I have been asked to point out that the 3D printed NSR handguard used in this build was created as a joint collaboration between Delusional and General Sam - not solely the work of Delusional as stated. Apologies to General Sam for not including his name in my initial post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts