One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

It has just occurred to me that it has been a year since I last posted any of my work on the forums. Time does get away when life gets in the way. A lot of my ongoing projects have been shelved in the interim, although I have still found a little time here and there to get a little work done. I would now like to share a WIP of my latest build. I am quite pleased with the way that this is looking already and can't help but show it off. In this installment I proudly present my take on a Springfield M14 Scout. The following picture shows the look that I am going for (drawn by yours truly in Pimp My Gun): an M14 with a shortened scout length barrel, a scout optic mount built into the upper handguard, and a multicam paint finish.

This is what I started with: Coo Model M14 set. I picked up a couple of these sets a few months back with the intention of customising all four weapons into various versions of the venerable M14. Stay tuned for what I have planned for the other three rifles.

Seeing as this build is not yet finished, I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. That said, here is a preview of how she currently looks. Stay tuned for more updates as she progresses. This is the first time that I have tried painting multicam and suffice to say that I am pleased with the result so far. I will eventually share a SBS tutorial of how I achieved this effect for those of you who might be interested to trying it yourselves.

As always, your thoughts / suggestions / comments are welcomed.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Re: Turkeyshot's custom guns: Multicam M14 Scout (WIP)

Looks Realy Good Jason :thumb Waiting to see it finished :)

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts

Damn, that looks awesome! Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this come together.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Awesome paint job !
Really interested in the tutorial as I have a similar project in mind, ie multicaming a weapon.
Thanks Saint! It really is a great technique ... and surprisingly easy to execute. I can't take full credit for it though - the technique I am using is a combination of something I learned from a 1/16 scale figure painter (although he used it for painting multicam uniforms), along with various other methods that I viewed online of guys painting their 1:1 weapons. I'll share the full tutorial when I am finished.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts