One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has been a while since I last posted anything here. Some time ago I saw a photo of a short-barrelled AR10 designed for CQB usage. I am not sure what it was, but there was something about the look of the rifle which intrigued me, so I decided that I wanted to try to recreate the look of the rifle in 1/6 scale.

I started with an E&S SFOD-D SR25k rifle (06011A).E&S make great quality products and always serve as a great base upon which to build. The first step was to dismantle the rifle entirely until I was looking at a pile of 22 tiny little parts. I always find it better to dismantle as far as possible so that each part can be customised individually without damaging other parts. It also makes it much easier when it comes to painting. Speaking of which, as a CQB weapon, black would have been the obvious colour choice here, but I already have many black rifles in my collection and wanted to add a little colour variety to the arsenal. Tan is the next popular colour in my collection, so wanting something different, this time I opted for foliage green. The standard stock and grip were removed and replaced with Magpul parts, as were the sights, magazine, and forward grip. All Magpul parts were then given a coat of foliage green.

However, the most obvious modification to this weapon was the shortening of the barrel. I had read online that 12 inches was the minimum barrel length advised for the 7.62mm cartridge, so that is what I went for. Overall, this rifle is now approximately the same length as the short-barrelled HK417 by E&S, or a little shorter than the standard M4.

Anyway, enough out of me, I'll let the pics tell the rest of the story...

AR10 Short-Barrelled Rifle (SBR) by Turkeyshot, on Flickr

AR10 Short-Barrelled Rifle (SBR) by Turkeyshot, on Flickr

As always, your thoughts/comments/ critiques are welcomed. Cheers!

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bravo, nicely done. Good to see you're still doing your stuff.
:thanks Thanks Shogun85! I don't have anywhere near as much time to build any more, but I still do what I can, when I can. Cheers!

Great job. You are the best 1/6 gunsmith.
:thanks Cheers Mark! Thank you. That's very high praise, considering the stiffness of the competition.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're not referring to this, are you? .308 Suppressed SBR (E&S) Ar-10
Hi Saberswift, no I was referring to a picture of a real steel 1:1 weapon that I came across a while back, but have since been unable to find again. It was not the one shown in the picture below, but this should give you some idea, and as it turns out, quite similar to what I ended up building...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Saberswift, no I was referring to a picture of a real steel 1:1 weapon that I came across a while back, but have since been unable to find again. It was not the one shown in the picture below, but this should give you some idea, and as it turns out, quite similar to what I ended up building...

Whoooo doggy that is SLICK!!! What is it about those Daniel Defense RIS II's that makes them so cool? I love them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts