One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· One Sixth Gunsmith
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

A fellow OSW member recently remarked that I had been rather quiet here on the boards for the past few months. This is true ... I haven't showed off anything new for a while now. To be honest I haven't been building much. I have been away from home and my collection for the past half year and was only able to bring a few small pieces and a small assortment of hand tools with me so that I could remain active in the hobby. That said, I haven't been entirely idle with my time and have managed a little work here and there on a few new custom weapon projects. All of these are WIPs, and will likely remain so for a while. I simply do not have access to the tools and paints that I will need to finish these builds off to a standard that I am happy with.

Springfield M14 with KAC RAS

Originally a DAM M14, but gave her a custom KAC RAS, a Leupold scope and Harris bipod. She still needs a proper paintjob to tidy up the 'woodwork' and to weather her lightly.

H&K G3A1 SAS

This started off as a DML G3A1, but cut her down quite drastically to make the diminutive SAS variant. I have always hated the look of this ugly little pug, but decided to build her as a companion to my custom G3-SG1 RAS (see HERE). Though the building is now about complete, I still need to paint and weather her.

Remington 870 'Mad Dog' Shotgun

Surprise, surprise: another shottie! Like a number of my other builds, this little guy started out as an Art Figures M870. Though these lack the detail (and moving parts) of DAM and SS shotguns, I quite like working with these because of their simplicity and adaptability. You can see that I have replaced the pistol grip with a Hogue rubberised grip (from the DAM VBSS shottie), and have added a vented rib to the top of the barrel. I still need to give her a TacStar tactical pump handle with an integrated vertical grip. Once I do that, she'll get a lick of paint before I can call her done.

Remington 870 Tactical Railed Shotgun

Another shotgun ... seriously dude?! After building a railed tactical shotgun for fellow OSW member NamecaF about a year ago (see HERE), I wanted to build another for my own collection. However, this time I wanted to go all out and give her a full length upper rail, Magpul MBUS BUIS, a Magpul CTR stock, and a railed pump handle and vertical foregrip. Again, this was originally was an Art Figures M870. I still need to add a barrel clamp near to the business end of the barrel just in front of the pump handle, and (of course) throw some paint at her.

Double Diamond Law Enforcement Supply (DDLE) 9mm M4

Last, but by no means least, I present you with my latest work: a DDLE 9mm lower for the M4 (accepts Glock magazines), paired with a Noveske NSR 9" Keymod handguard. Initially a DAM M4, I replaced the mag well with one cut from an MP5. This proved to be much harder than it looked. I also added the details to the receiver typical of the DDLE lowers. While this probably doesn't look like much just yet, it should really come into its own once I get her painted. Next, I built an NSR rail for it. This was a real pain in the butt to make. Everything was done by hand using a small selection of hand tools. The keyhole cutouts had to be made by drilling a hole into thin styrene with a very small drill bit and then using an even smaller drill bit to saw out the 'tails' (if you can picture what I mean). Again, once painted, this will likely look much better than what is does now.

As always, your thoughts. comments, and suggestions are welcomed.

· 1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,595 Posts
Re: Turkeyshot's custom guns: A few new WIPs to share

Awesome work Jason. The 870 full rail tactical is a real killer!!

· One Sixth Gunsmith
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Wicked cool!
:thanks Thanks for the kind words uramegak!

Awesome work Jason. The 870 full rail tactical is a real killer!!
:thanks Thank you for the support George!

Oh.... What's going on here. O.O

Looking Good Turkey! Liken that 9mm AR build you got there. :D
:thanks Thanks Uswin. Glad you like her so far. Still a long way to go though.

Really impressive skills on display :)
:thanks Thanks 88Reaper88! This is probably not an example of my best work though: everything shown here was done by hand, using a very small selection of hand tools and very limited materials.

WOOO, awesome modification, btw, how do you engrave word into it?
:thanks Cheers hyyd87! A simple answer to your question: I didn't. A number of 1/6 shotguns now come with engraved receivers. The 2 shown here are from Art Figures (cheap and very easy to work with). Some of the DAM shotguns, and the ones which came with the VTS Zombie Killer figure also feature engraved receivers.

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts

Well, the SAS G3 and the Mad Dog 870 both got me wound up. All great stuff, but I really like compact mayhem devices.

· Web Research Junkie
1,606 Posts

Looking good. Like them all. I recently built a 9mm AR as well, though I think mine might be a hair larger

This was taken before I changed the Aimpoint to a micro and forgrip for a Magpul version

· One Sixth Gunsmith
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

nice mods there Jason.
:thanks Hi Peter, I didn't see you there. You must have posted at the same time that I was composing my reply. Cheers, mate!

Well, the SAS G3 and the Mad Dog 870 both got me wound up. All great stuff, but I really like compact mayhem devices.
:thanks Glad you like them PD!

Looking good. Like them all. I recently built a 9mm AR as well, though I think mine might be a hair larger

This was taken before I changed the Aimpoint to a micro and forgrip for a Magpul version
:thanks Thanks for the kind words NF! I think that you are right, mate: yours DOES appear to be just a shade larger.

· One Sixth Gunsmith
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Awesome work as usual!!
:thanks Thanks BS, I appreciate it, mate.

Love how you did the rail and the holes on the barrel!~
Great stuff.
:thanks Thanks kyekye. That was really hard and quite nerve-racking to do. What you see was actually my second attempt. My first attempt using Tamiya putty failed miserably. The thin sheet of styrene as seen worked a treat though.

Great work in progress TS :D

My favorite is the 870 tactical. :woohoo
:thanks Cheers Alby. As I said above, I have wanted to build one of these for a while now, and am not disappointed with the result thus far.

Killer looking weapons, Turkeyshot! Quite the smith you are ;D
:thanks Thanks for the support Saiko.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.