One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ponied up and ordered two (2) of these today.

I also ordered two (2) of these as well. I acquired the last two in stock.

IIRC . . . there is a separate thread in GENERAL DISCUSSION about the pictured body. I asked the seller about the body and this was his reply.

iyiyyy said:
Yes this body is in stocked last week, I just pick it out to have a quite review, it is almost same as the hit figure body, one more articulation on the arm, the soft rubber torso is quite soft and a bit heavy, but the total weight of this body is same as hitfigure around 260g. It can stand properly, remember the vin diesel head I am selling? The skin tone of this body perfectly fit the vin diesel head sculpt.
Based on the description, I decided to chance it and order it with the head sculpts. I ordered the items because I have a couple of "Riddick" outfit & accessory set on the way from SMcG Customs along with complimenting boots from a friend.

My original plan was to use the Muscle Club 2.0 body (also sold by iyiyyy on eBay) with the head sculpt, but I decided to get the TTM 19 clone body because it would be a better match for the head sculpt skin tone wise.

The awkward extra area of articulation does not bother me (for now) because I'll have it in a pose where it will (hopefully) not look awkward.

The items all should arrive within a week or so (or sooner). I'll post a proper review of the body fully outfitted upon receipt unless someone else acquired one (the body) and reviews it before I do.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Looks like a great combination, please post when you have them in your possession so we can see how they look together...but if Iyiyyy said they are good, my guess is that they will be very close in color. I really like that head.

I bought one about a month ago, I believe it is this one and it is great.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
This body is more appropriate for a Wolverine bash. That is a great body nonetheless. I have multiples of those as well.

For my Vinny I used a muscular body. It looks more proportionate for Mr Diesel.

·
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received my order a few days ago.

No pictures yet.

Here are some initial impressions & thoughts.

1. The Vin Diesel head sculpt is quite good. IMHO the head sculpt is Vin Diesel, but also it's a bit "off", but still Vin Diesel. It'll do quite well for my "Riddick" custom.

2. The TTM 19 clone body to me appears a bit odd given the rubber covering on the torso, but it's a "solid" body with weight. The joints are not floppy or loose, but they're not necessarily tight either. For the price I paid, I can't complain and will say I'm satisfied overall.

3. The extra articulation point in the arms does look "odd" & "weird". If posed in it's default position, it looks fine. I would not necessarily use this body for a shirtless custom or kit bash. It will suffice for my "Riddick" custom.

4. In terms of value, I'm pleased. It comes with a total of seven hands, regular & extended ankle pegs, pair of feet, and a ball joint neck connector.

5. My primary criticism is the ball joint neck connector. It's too small to properly fit on the Vin Diesel without some additional layering/material for a proper fit. It can be fixed/remedied.

Sorry no pics yet. Hopefully over the weekend.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this. Good price. Looks pretty good. I like the extra parts it comes with, especially the thigh pieces. I wouldn't mind trying it out on a few customs I'm working on.

·
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the very top picture it shows 3 different neck connects, none of the 3 work?

One of them should be at least close...what gives??
--

Only one of them is the neck connector. The other two smaller/thinner ones are the longer ankle pegs.

The thigh extensions are OK, but being a clone the left side extension is a bit warped fit a bit loose, but again it can be remedied. I used the one from the TTM 21 clone and it fits like a glove.

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
I just got my TTM 19 clone also, and it's very nice. I am also puzzled to the size of the neck adapter. Luckily, I had some spare Hot Toys neck adapters on hand and they work fine. There is a hidden plus to the supplied neck adapter. If you chuck it up in a dremel or drill motor and lightly sand or polish one end, it fits Soldier Story heads perfectly. It is only around 0.005" oversize for Soldier Story heads.
My only other complaint is the thigh adapters are cheap and don't fit well. Again, I replaced them with Hot Toys roid rage thighs and they fit perfectly. I'd give this body a 9 out of 10m score, based on the affordable price and free shipping.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
If the body is by/based on the hitfigure body, they originally included a soldier story compatible peg along with a hot toys peg. Perhaps they included the wrong one?

·
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Luckily, I had some spare Hot Toys neck adapters on hand and they work fine.
--

Thank you for the information/tip. I have spare HT neck adapters so I'll utilize the ball joint connector piece from them.

My only other complaint is the thigh adapters are cheap and don't fit well.
--

I concur. The quality on the thigh adapters/extensions on these are not as good as the as the ones that came with the HT TTM 21 clone bodies (surprisingly).

I spent the latter part of the afternoon using a new screwdriver set I purchased from Lowe's to tighten the leg joints on these bodies as well my cache of TTM 21 clone bodies. After some tightening the tension & tightness of the knee joints on the TTM 19 & TTM 21 clone bodies are good as factory new HT "real deal" bodies.

Furthermore, the extended/long ankle ball joints fit snug & tight on these that provides very good tension and are not loose. The regular ankle ball joints do need a bit of tension (i.e. a dab of Loctite or Testors clear parts cement and let dry in the opening for the ankle or feet).

In being a newbie compared to the others with regards to first hand/in hand experience with the HT clone bodies thus far, I have to admit & say that I'm a believer & supporter of the clone bodies I purchased thus far based on price & quality, but I will not purchase any clone bodies that are absolute junk with proven instances of poor durability & quality (i.e. floppy & loose joints that cannot be remedied).

·
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Luckily, I had some spare Hot Toys neck adapters on hand and they work fine.
--

I confirm what delusional stated.

I used the ball joint peg from a spare HT TTM clone neck post and it fits & works perfectly.

·
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
iyiyyy got the best prices on these?
--

$29.99 USD shipped from Hong Kong to the US.

There is another seller on eBay who is $1.00 less, but I prefer to support iyiyyy. I support/take care of him, he supports/takes care of me as a loyal & return customer.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
yeah, a dollar isn't enough not to go through a member here. good price indeed, should be grabbing a few new bodies around the 12th, just found out I need to replace my inflames Metal Boss body, his right knee has given out and he keeps tipping over in my detolf. Grr.

·
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, a dollar isn't enough not to go through a member here. good price indeed, should be grabbing a few new bodies around the 12th, just found out I need to replace my inflames Metal Boss body, his right knee has given out and he keeps tipping over in my detolf. Grr.
--

You may want to check your spare parts box & make sure you have the HT clone neck ball joint peg since the neck ball joint peg that comes with this figure will not fit properly on HT compatible heads because it's undersized. It's really intended for Soldier Story heads with some adjustment.

Read through the posts within the thread to see what I'm referring to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.