One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I have a few random pieces from the figure and they're mainly the usual TS plastic teeth on the back similar to BBi.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I don't know why the plastic "teeth" are so popular with the manufacturers - they can be a PITA to fit sometimes(particularly small pouches) and they either snap or the stitches holding them on break way too often(YMMV).

Realistic cloth strips FTW!

·
Pimpin' ain't easy
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had that prob a lot tang but I figure since they're covered by the pouch it's not really an issue. Personally, I don't like the plastic teeth attachments, same issues that justin_g mentioned.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I personally like the cloth strips as well.That is the one thing I am not fond of on TS figs.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
I like both, but yes the plastic strips break easy and the stitching on some of them is not as durable. For the cloth straps, the metal buttons do have a purpose though, its supposed to be like a locking function so the straps won't slip out of the loops/openings, just need to be patient when getting them through, but its really up to you if you want to leave them on or take 'em off.

·
Bash in my sleep.
3,023 Posts
Realistic cloth strips rules but I have had to remove some of the tiny metal buttons to get the strips to run through the openings. Anyone having the same issues?
I know exactly what you are talking about..I removed the buttons on all the PCU sniper pouches I picked up..Im not a huge fan of the cloth strips.But I do like the plastic teeth like on the ACU plate carrier set from TS..but then again the teeth loose their hold after a while ;)

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I've never had any problem with the teeth, more with the cloth strips. Guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer them and like how they can quickly be changed around on vests.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I have had problems with both.The clothstrips have a tendency to rip,but the plastic ones have a tendency to break.

And sometimes the PALS webbing on the vest,dropdown or whatever is stitched to close together to get the plastic strips through,and the buttns on the clith HT ones through.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
For the cloth straps, the metal buttons do have a purpose though, its supposed to be like a locking function so the straps won't slip out of the loops/openings, just need to be patient when getting them through, but its really up to you if you want to leave them on or take 'em off.
Agree with u on that migo. HT could have made the webbing openings a tad bigger or have smaller metal buttons to make it a pleasant experience. But then I realize I m pushing my luck. :D
________
HOW TO ROLL BLUNTS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.