One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USPS just dropped off my new TS SCAR-L from Echo Base Toys (still waiting for me SCAR-H from Monkey Depot)

Pictures to follow later, but let me tell you, just looking at it through the blister pack (it's a clam-shell type pack just like weapons come in with boxed figures), it's a freaking work of art! Crisp, clean details, a shiny lens inside the ACOG, scrunchie shock cords on the sling...

...I don't dare open it right now because I need some sleep (I was waiting up for the mail to get here because I was expecting to have to sign for a Triad order.)

The paint-ops are great, though it's darker than the lighter tan portion of the ACE version - and not done in two-tone. Personally, I think this one looks better. The decals for the laser are separate, which is good because I intend to use a DML laser when my "H" gets here.

I've got some ACE, DML and BBI magazines to try out in it (The BBI and ACE seem identical.)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that I've opened it, my appraisal has dipped a little bit. The accessories don't fit very well, and I'll probably be forced to glue them on after filing down their pins slightly. Ho hum. It also suffers from the same ailment as the ACE - the folding stock does not clip into place firmly enough. Be careful with the hinged front iron sight...I broke it and had to swipe the one from the carbine muzzle (I like the long barrels)

An ACE magazine will fit with a bit of filing.

On whole, I give it a 8/10. Worth the selling price.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Will TS or any other manufacturer ( except Storerooms ) ever release the SCAR in black ?

Btw, the SCAR-H looks great!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here it is side-by-side with the ACE version. As you can see, it's a bit smaller, though it did take a BBi magazine (boy, is it stuck!) I had to glue the laser in place, as well as drill out the hole to accept the 'removable' cable (which also had to be glued to the fore-grip.) During this process, the metal pin holding the stock on fell out, but went back in with a dab of MEK to deform the bottom hinge part.

(my ACE is doctored with some BBi and DML parts)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

And now for its big brother:

Not much new to say about the SCAR H, since it's mostly the same piece. One gripe is that the EoTech sight seems to be made out of rubber or some super soft plastic - I had to Shoe Goo it onto the SCAR L...though it is a nice sculpt. A DML SR-25 magazine doe not fit unless you file it down.

According to the pictures I've seen of the real Mk17 SCAR H, this has the wrong muzzle brake...in fact, this is just a rehash of the same barrel/gas block sculpts from the L.

Again, I give it 8/10 and say it's worth the price.

Now, it's rather obvious I've doctored my example up: DML laser, BBI Surefire grip/light, and Elcan sight and a muzzle brake from a 21st Century Ruger Mini14.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts