One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
AND - that's on Toy Soldier headsculpts which are smaller than most others! :cry

How much does the cover go up the inside of the helmet - would it be possible to remove it and put it on another manufacturers M1?

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
justin_g said:
AND - that's on Toy Soldier headsculpts which are smaller than most others! :cry

How much does the cover go up the inside of the helmet - would it be possible to remove it and put it on another manufacturers M1?
yes the cover is made like 1:1 with the wiggley bits that flip inside.

you can even fit the helmet inside a DML normal M1 :sadshake

seems TS took the size from a DML fibershell rather than the outer :rolleyes

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's probably not meant for TS head sculpts. There are some heads out there in the market that does not come with a helmet so a smaller size was made.
eg. Tom Hanks head sculpt from Longbow Studio.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To get them to fit with the liner and headband ( on this figures HS anyways ) I had to do some slight mods.

I removed the neck suspension strap, this made the headband go further up into the liner.
I had to fit the headband 1st ( which was very very tight in the HS) then force on the liner. This went on with a couple of twists and squeezing of the HS.
then the M1 shell, this again was tight but got on there in the end.

The helmet is still too tight and will not come off easy, you can life the figure by the helmet, even with 300rds of solid brass ammo on it and the helmet dosn't come off.

BTW on this helmet there is no adjustment in the chin strap, it's just one size.

If your thinking you can take this stright from the packet and put it on a figure then i'm afraid..... i can see it's use only on TS figures without heavy mods.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Bravo_2_Zero said:
yes the cover is made like 1:1 with the wiggley bits that flip inside.
you can even fit the helmet inside a DML normal M1 :sadshake
seems TS took the size from a DML fibershell rather than the outer :rolleyes
Thanks for checking - do you think it could be made to fit over a DML or DiD M1?

This is pretty sad - M1 helmets only came in one size - how hard can it be to measure one(heck, you can even get the design blueprints!) and divide by 6?! :(

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
justin_g said:
Thanks for checking - do you think it could be made to fit over a DML or DiD M1?
it should but the sides where the chinstraps are located, the cover is cut round just enough to fit the straps through. This could mean when added to a larger helmet the cover will show more steel pot than it would on TS one.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Thanks for answering my questions, B20. :) It looks like an OK fit without the liner on a small headsculpt, I can accept using it that way... Can always use a WW2 era cover for Marines - not common but still seen even late in the war.

·
Medic
2,882 Posts
Back to the drawing board for ToySoldier on this one. That sucks, but I bet will correct this, at some point. TS is usually much better than this. I doubt they'll let it these M1 helmets "fall by the waste side."

- Ian

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Hopefully Alan will correct and produce a v.2 series. The external appearance looks OK, but the lack of fit is a real problem. Helmets need a bit of scale-wiggle in their internal dimensions, as onesix heads don't conform like RL heads (in the ears and hair). Maybe the problem is too accurate scaling in the liner and suspension. If the suspension is to be ultra-detailed, then it should be component removal-capable, like the pieces in DML's M1s.
I'd prefer a larger pot, as everyone's melon is different, and better a bit oversized than this. No Dremel-action for my troopers' domes, some gear should work from the box.

G

·
I got a few of these from a good friend he didnt like them but I got some good use for them and did some minor modification to fit the helmet on some heads but they worked for me. I softly sanded some on the very inside of the helmet and reapplied the cover then modified the straps specfigures style.. with some different strap material. So I was happy with the outcome with the slight modifications. Hope you guys have better luck

·
Registered
378 Posts
The helmets will fit DiD heads with hair and also the new Ace figure. Leave the headband out of the liner and it will fit just about any head. The headband is made of metal and (my opinion) does not fit the liner well. The added neck strap in the back was glued kinda crooked on one of the ones I just got.
DiD heads with hair

Ace figure

Liner headband which is a pain to mess with

Dragon head without the headband

Now the biggest thing I have for complaints is the big cut outs for the helmet straps. Otherwise it's okay..

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.